aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
So I have a contact down south which can get my flying fish that are 8 inches and up. I wonder how highly interested are the fisherman here for them when the BFT starts up.
I know some tackle places were carrying them and they were flying out like hotcakes. I was not sure how much they were selling them for.

Would any of you guys/gal are interested in them if I do import those up from down south?

Reactions: farhangs and Brad I

Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
YES!

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
You may want to look into the legality of that, but if all good I'm sure there will be interest

5 for $30 at tackle shops

Out on the water heard as much as $20 each

Reactions: Ulua_93h

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Yes. The real thing. I wonder if a device or sea creature could be inserted into a dead flyer to give it some wiggle.

Can permits be issued? To have a restaurant boat? Sell flyers and other tackle also.

Start outside the bait receivers for breakfast. Breakfast burritos, sandwiches, drinks, frozen flyers, secret bait, disposable fleshlight, ect. Then move out to the grounds and be a floating restaurant and tackle shop :D

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
You may want to look into the legality of that, but if all good I'm sure there will be interest

5 for $30 at tackle shops

Out on the water heard as much as $20 each
I got all the paper works and being also in the import/export business. It is all legal to import.

I just need to find out the cost of the import tax, trucking, etc to bring them from down south. Could under the cost of what tackle shop sells.

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
Yes. The real thing. I wonder if a device or sea creature could be inserted into a dead flyer to give it some wiggle.

Can permits be issued? To have a restaurant boat? Sell flyers and other tackle also.

Start outside the bait receivers for breakfast. Breakfast burritos, sandwiches, drinks, frozen flyers, secret bait, disposable fleshlight, ect. Then move out to the grounds and be a floating restaurant and tackle shop :D

I know there is an electronic device out there that can be insert to make it wiggle just don't know much details about it. I think it is call zombait or something like that.

We don't need a restaurant boat when we got all this sport fishing boat which can serve up some awesome grub. I don't mind having a floating restaurant somewhere in the SD bay.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
So I have a contact down south which can get my flying fish that are 8 inches and up. I wonder how highly interested are the fisherman here for them when the BFT starts up.
I know some tackle places were carrying them and they were flying out like hotcakes. I was not sure how much they were selling them for.

Would any of you guys/gal are interested in them if I do import those up from down south?
Yup would buy some immediately.

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat
my blood vessel
a li'l birdie told me someone stopped driving a sporty to go catch flyers commercially....

sounds like he beat ya to it.

conchydong

Untitled
Jun 5, 2008
Pompano Beach FL
Name
Scott
Boat
Rock Bottom
In South Florida we used to run a wire though them to hold the wings open in the flying position and slow troll them off of a kite bouncing them up and down off of the surface for Blackfin Tuna. Sort of like a green stick method.
I am sure it would work for the California Bluefins and Yellowfins.

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
In South Florida we used to run a wire though them to hold the wings open in the flying position and slow troll them off of a kite bouncing them up and down off of the surface for Blackfin Tuna. Sort of like a green stick method.
Never heard of that technique. :)

Reactions: Blackfish

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
People would be interested in the flyers, question is will the big bft be here ?

I still have frozen Catalina flyers In the fridge

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
Yes .

yakdout

Professional
Jun 26, 2014
San Diego
Name
Brandon
Boat
s and hoes
Guys have been doing this for 30 plus years on the west coast. Probably much longer.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Nothing new but people will buy. Market gets flooded and cheapens the product. Well that would be a bummer for those first in.

The bait boxes are down wind during peak baiting up hours. There is a bbq on the deck bbqing breakfast sausages and tri tip and more. For breakfast burritos and other tasty items for lunch. The bbq scent wiffs through your boat as your being baited up. A good percentage will be drawn to the scent. And bite/order. Nothing I would ever do. But could be profitable for someone

Just ideas. Like a think tank.

I only wake up that early to actually fish, surf, or travel :)

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason

Reactions: ZZZZZ

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Sick if it tickles the fish right. Stuff that in a dead flyer and dead stick kite fish it. Or just fly line it. Other uses

A smaller model for chunks!

Stuffing whole dead squid with live fin bait. Live greenie stuffed into the smaller humboldt squids when they were around, cut oxygen vents. Stuffed squid with a live bait or this gizmo also could be deployed on the kite instead of a jumbo dead squid just floating