Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I will be there for the next week and a half. I know that eBay sells lots of used tanacom from there. In fact, I bought my 750 bull on eBay a couple years ago for$240 + $40ship.

I’ve been looking on the internet and YouTube for places to find the used market over there. I did find a youtube about a large tackle shop selling electric reels but it was filmed in Okinawa vice yokosuka.

does anyone know where I might find a spread of new/used inventory near Yokosuka?

also, just in case I can’t find a 750, any suggestions on others I might find while looking around? I’ve been told that the tanacom 500 can get it done in our fishery, or possibly a good deal on a shimano or Miya epoch??

im not spending more than $300 on one or I will just pick up a 750bull when I get back.

Domo Arigato

Grady226

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 17, 2009
Marysville,Wa
Name
Gary
Boat
22' Grady White
Ron has said before he burned up a couple 500's but not 750's......Choose wisely!!

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
No need to choose wisely Tanacom is Tanacom, unless he is referring simply to the size....

I doubt you’ll find anything on the internet as they protect their dealers and don’t want everybody buying Japanese version. I bought a half does Mia Epoch reels through Kuala Lampur and they were half price.... the controls have English and Japanese, it is the exact same brand new reel, just half price....

Fishing with electric reels is big in Japan, you can simply find a fishing store and they should have them.

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
I fish the Bull 500 and it kicks ass. Now I don’t use a billiard stick so less pressure on the reel, but love not holding a Warn Winch all day!

Hit a cool store and buy one!!! I’m certain you have spent waaaaay more than $3hundo on those cats!!!

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
Save the headache and get a 750 here. Ask a local business if they will honor their sale from a month ago. With the economy they’d be dumb to say no. Plus then you have a business to go to if a freak thing happens and you need to return it. The weight between the 500-750 is minimal. Never know when the big one will hit.

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Also, the prices that sportco had them for were a special program pricing that they may not have been able to repeat when they restocked. Those are ordered up to 6 months in advance to lock in pricing. Friday they only had 6 left.

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
@Redzwulf have you confirmed differences in the 750’s?

I have heard the same “potential” for problems with my grey market kubota, but when I needed parts they were not an issue.

if you will turn away service on a 750 that has Japanese characters on the face, well then I would definitely take that into consideration. I do intend on using your rebuild services in the next year or two.

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
The 750’s will take a fair amount of abuse although mine has gotten a bit squealy after pulling duty on a 100# Hali. Is there a motor size and or drag surface area difference between the Tanacom 750 and the 1000. I thought I read the spool size and therefore the frame was the only difference. @Redzwulf ?

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
@Redzwulf do you recommend greasing these carbontex drag washers?

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
I just had Redzwulf swap my drags out to Carbontex. People thought all the squealing on board when we had halibut was excitement, but it was just the reels! ;P

Reactions: BugeaterInWa

Meanwhile

Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
www.meanwhilecharters.com
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
2007 Grady White Marlin, 30.5', w/twin 250's
@Nineball There's no issue with 750s that I am aware of. I was more referring to Eric's comment about the 600fe and other overseas variations of standard Tanacoms you see on Ebay.

I have an early grey market 750 Bull with a red case. It was brought over in carryon luggage. The drag washers are different size, and some parts are different. The Diawa shop in CA would not touch it.

I found the carbon fiber drags over here, and an online source for the internal parts. Still runs like a champ.

Reactions: Rougarou

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Had a Grey market one that had a bad motor. Daiwa in California warranted it no problem.

Salmonater

Oct 10, 2008
Tacoma,Wa US
Name
Jeff Norwood
Boat
31' North River Walkaround, Salmonater
The 750’s will take a fair amount of abuse although mine has gotten a bit squealy after pulling duty on a 100# Hali. Is there a motor size and or drag surface area difference between the Tanacom 750 and the 1000. I thought I read the spool size and therefore the frame was the only difference. @Redzwulf ?
I've serviced both and their the same inside.

Reactions: Wild Bill