kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
my son and i started working on his 71 bronco my dad left for him. been sitting behind my shop for over 10 years now. he's into it, and doing almost everything himself with my direction. he's starting to realize that they don't actually restore a car in a hour long tv show.
dropped one tank, steam cleaned it out, all new hoses going back in. we had to figure out the MSD box wiring, since it had no spark. broken wire (everything is brittle) so we got spark now, pulled and gapped the plugs, with the plugs out put some oil in and cranked it over. cleaned the air filter, checked the fluids, and fired right up. hes out there now wrapping up the fuel tank mounting, with any luck we'll derive it in my back field tonight.
any other owners with helpful tips, etc is always appreciated.
i am going to put disc on the front at least, maybe all around. hoping for someone to chime in on this. also going with power brakes, vaccum i think, but open to ideas.

Reactions: kbray001

ShadBurke

Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
I had a 1974 back in the day. Original paint. 302. Wish I still had it......$$$$$$$

Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
I am on my second. The one in front. Lots of fun, and easy to learn. Hydro boost brake unit is great, cheap and easy only need front disc. Tried EFI and went back to carb, keep it simple and have fun

Attachments

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
thank's guys, appreciate it, keep it flowing! looks like theres a "club" (EARLY BRONCO REGISTRY) that meets in SD every month. we may go down and check it out.