Any BDers in OC area install solar or inspect solar?

Discussion in 'BD Business Hookup's' started by "all-in", Feb 3, 2017.

1. "all-in"

"all-in" Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    24, Angler, All-In
    I live in Garden Grove and I am currently installing solar at my house. I would like to do my best to ensure that the inspection is only done once. I am looking for someone with knowledge on solar installs and codes for Garden Grove to come and look at the work I have done (when finished) and see if I am missing anything.

A good example would be if the city still requires a separate earth ground installed even though my micro-inverters are self grounding and meet the requirements listed in NEC 690.35.

Another question would be can I install a full rack but only use half of the rack or will they require that I cut the rack. I would like to leave the rack to add panels in the future.

I am installing 10 monocrystalline solar panels (from Renogy) with Enphase M215 micro-inverters (IG).
    I also purchased a monitoring system for production and consumption (also from Enphase).

2. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    Why dont you want the City inspector to tell you all of this? The second trip for re-check is free.

3. "all-in"

"all-in" Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    24, Angler, All-In
    I have to take time off of work for the inspection and that is not free. I was hoping to pay someone to help me out on a weekend.

4. bajabills

bajabills I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    blackman fishmachine
    Can you get an install diagram from the mfg.?
    They should have varying configurations , for
    Various needs. If they do, show it to the city inspector just before they leave for day at their office. And get his input. The diagrams are pretty bull it proof. And very acceptable.