filletofish

David
Jun 10, 2006
san diego
Name
david
Boat
maybe someday...
planning on the coronados saturday, or more local if there has been any cuda reports? any one hooking into them? and where abouts if you dont mind.. planning on taking my son out to track them down... or mackerel bite?

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    planning on the coronados saturday, or more local if there has been any cuda reports? any one hooking into them? and where abouts if you dont mind.. planning on taking my son out to track them down... or mackerel bite?

For cuda and macks!!!! just stay in the bay or on a pier.. you'll get them all day. If you are planing a trip to the nados, you should be tracking "YELLOS".. JUST A THOUGHT!!!!

Upvote 0

filletofish

David
    Jun 10, 2006
    san diego
    Name
    david
    Boat
    maybe someday...
    oh ill be looking for the yellows as well but i figured thats on my time and luck... doubting anyone would provide me with much info... and besides seems pretty hit and miss on the yellows but ill be bringing the steal as well to force feed if they dont bite ;) but i wouldnt mind some cuda tacos

Upvote 0

FBMX

Aug 31, 2007
    Harbor City
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    20' Bayliner
    Hahaha you guys are too much. If you realy think that cuda tastes bad, the only point your prooving is how shity a cook you are. Go get 'em David. I havent heard anything yet, but it dosnt meen they arnt there.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Hahaha you guys are too much. If you realy think that cuda tastes bad, the only point your prooving is how shity a cook you are. Go get 'em David. I havent heard anything yet, but it dosnt meen they arnt there.

Barries aren't that great when compared to yellowtail and tuna....or rockfish or calicos or sand bass or halibut or sheephead. Not the top of my list.....just sayin.

Upvote 0

dkd711

Skunk Master...
    Jun 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Duke
    Boat
    "WFO SKUNK"

Or you are just proving how bad your taste in fish can be... I know Cudas taste pretty good smoked, but thats about it. I'm asian and and seafood is a staple of out diet, and I still don't like eating cuda.

Upvote 0

FBMX

Aug 31, 2007
    Harbor City
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    20' Bayliner
    Or you are just proving how bad your taste in fish can be... I know Cudas taste pretty good smoked, but thats about it. I'm asian and and seafood is a staple of out diet, and I still don't like eating cuda.

Well i must be wrong, how can i argue with a token "asian that eats everything"
    Barries aren't that great when compared to yellowtail and tuna....or rockfish or calicos or sand bass or halibut or sheephead. Not the top of my list.....just sayin.

thats realy good to know, but last time i checked i wasnt comparing the fish. I was simply stating that if think cuda is bad, you are doing somthing wrong. ex: bleeding and gutting right away, and then smoking it when you get home. if you would actualy follow theese increadably hard steps you'd be on the same page as me.

why dont we just help the guy out with a "Yes i've seen cuda at the island" or "No i havent,try hear". but that wouldnt be fun now would it.

so lets all grab our dead horse beating sticks and have a pissing contest about who can "stomach" theese nasty slime sticks

Upvote 0

T BICKLE

super cool LA guy
    Sep 27, 2007
    Culver city
    Name
    garrett
    Boat
    16ft ebbtide under construction
    i like fresh cuda. and so did the other 5 people i cooked it for

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    Well i must be wrong, how can i argue with a token "asian that eats everything"

thats realy good to know, but last time i checked i wasnt comparing the fish. I was simply stating that if think cuda is bad, you are doing somthing wrong. ex: bleeding and gutting right away, and then smoking it when you get home. if you would actualy follow theese increadably hard steps you'd be on the same page as me.

why dont we just help the guy out with a "Yes i've seen cuda at the island" or "No i havent,try hear". but that wouldnt be fun now would it.

so lets all grab our dead horse beating sticks and have a pissing contest about who can "stomach" theese nasty slime sticks

Obviously you can Mr. My3rdPostAndI'mAlreadyMakingFriends :Death_To_Above:

Upvote 0

asabadin

May 11, 2006
    glendora
    Name
    Angelo
    Boat
    16ft lowe side console tin can

I agree! Bled cuda sashimi is the bomb! Let me guess, you guys think bonito tastes like shit too right? Just has to be bled brained and iced right away

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    I agree! Bled cuda sashimi is the bomb! Let me guess, you guys think bonito tastes like shit too right? Just has to be bled brained and iced right away

Okay....you just made me puke in my mouth. Cuda for sashimi?:_diarrhea_:

I won't talk shit about fresh bonito but if you eat your cuda raw you're basically a caveman. I don't know of any sushi bar I've been to that sells cuda sashimi, I think you're asking for an infection of some sort.

Upvote 0

FBMX

Aug 31, 2007
    Harbor City
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    20' Bayliner
    I thought we were friends,:gayfight: isnt that what this site is for dating and meeting your future lifepartner.
    yes you caught me its my third post. but if you look at my join date you would realize that I spend more time fishing than argueing a mut pointr about someones preferance of fish. you should check it out. you get more bites on the water than on the internet.....unless your into that kinda thing :ashamed:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    I thought we were friends,:gayfight: isnt that what this site is for dating and meeting your future lifepartner.
    yes you caught me its my third post. but if you look at my join date you would realize that I spend more time fishing than argueing a mut pointr about someones preferance of fish. you should check it out. you get more bites on the water than on the internet.....unless your into that kinda thing :ashamed:

Use spellcheck and the space bar next time so it doesn't give me a headache to read your posts.:smoking33:

Upvote 0

T BICKLE

super cool LA guy
    Sep 27, 2007
    Culver city
    Name
    garrett
    Boat
    16ft ebbtide under construction

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0

FBMX

Aug 31, 2007
    Harbor City
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    20' Bayliner
    You mean I should use spaces and spell check like this ^:appl:
    Why would i go and do something like that when i have you to proof read all my posts
    Send me a slice of that humble pie if there is any left.

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    The cuda ahould be moving up the line real quick here. The mexico forum reported some outside ensenada. I don't eat them now but I used to when I was younger. Its my understanding they are the best fish to be used in ceveche(sp) fish. Kinda oily for my liking.

Upvote 0

BMThompson

Almost A Member
    May 18, 2009
    San Diego, CA US
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    13'5, Hobie Revolution, Shelly
    I haven't seen or heard of any cuda in the recent reports from the Coronados. Bonito have been caught there recently. We were out there yesterday and couldn't get ANYTHING but rockfish to bite. We fished Pukey to the Rockpile and pretty much everywhere in between. A guy on 72 claimed they caught a couple bonito at the rockpile. Hopefully Saturday will be better. Good luck to you and your son-

Upvote 0

Jaydog

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 18, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    Mako 19'
    Cut that dark crap out, fry it up, and stick it in a roll or make tacos! Yummmy! But yeah the real fun is catching them on the surface iron and watching them dart back and forth across everyones lines, hahahaha. Well I'm officially excited for garrrr season...

Upvote 0