super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Second hand info but Bob Woodard Jr is a pretty cool and respected guy, so figured we'd give him props here on BD. Below is the report from this past weekend........ this info was put out from the from the San Diego Marlin Club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Woodard JR. brought a 39.8 Wahoo into the scales-this was caught on the inside of the 9 mile bank.That same day we also weighed in a Blue Marlin (126 lb),that was caught at the Hidden Bank-they also reported two more hookups that appeared to be Blue Marlin..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on the Wahoo Bob !!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
the Outer limits got a wahoo on Saturday and Buzz on the Prowler just got one half hour ago. Forget alijos, the ridge and cedros, those locations are now about 300-400 miles north this year.

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Very cool... maybe it's time to put some wire leaders on!

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Wow, that is crazy. What is the Wahoo tally for this year?

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Second hand info but Bob Woodard Jr is a pretty cool and respected guy, so figured we'd give him props here on BD. Below is the report from this past weekend........ this info was put out from the from the San Diego Marlin Club.

Bob Woodard JR. brought a 39.8 Wahoo into the scales-this was caught on the inside of the 9 mile bank.That same day we also weighed in a Blue Marlin (126 lb),that was caught at the Hidden Bank-they also reported two more hookups that appeared to be Blue Marlin..

Congrats on the Wahoo Bob !!

The unknown fisherman:p:
Are you kidding me.....Wow?!
Yea, Bob is a cool dude.Hes got a few PCS articles under his name.His dad started make a wish I believe.I sold him my old striper....he got a smoking deal :)

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
I bet he caught that on my old striper too.....wooHoo!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
I trolled the shit out of the hidden Saturday.....a day late and a dollar short.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

El pescator

Almost A Member
Sep 14, 2013
Point Loma
Name
Ed
Boat
20' Customized Aquasport
They were there C-Goat....

I called in a couple boats named "Whirling Durbish" and "Fish Monster" on Sunday at the Hidden on a magic paddy I found. It produced over 50 C&R YFT for me and 6 Dodo's, also released. After the bite slowed (2 hours later), "Durbish" dove the thing to shoot something. They reported a large school of 50# grade Wahoo on it that spooked when they missed the shot. They are around and were all gonna hear more about it as we get into the weeks to come... Wahooooooooo!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
They were there C-Goat....

I called in a couple boats named "Whirling Durbish" and "Fish Monster" on Sunday at the Hidden on a magic paddy I found. It produced over 50 C&R YFT for me and 6 Dodo's, also released. After the bite slowed (2 hours later), "Durbish" dove the thing to shoot something. They reported a large school of 50# grade Wahoo on it that spooked when they missed the shot. They are around and were all gonna hear more about it as we get into the weeks to come... Wahooooooooo!
We found a paddy loaded with hundreds and hundreds of dorado and yellowfin down there for easy limits.The day late dollar short ,I was referring to the blue marlin.I did not see a single boat down there after 9 am all day.I wish I had been listening to the vhf more.I would have been doing some diving for wahoo for sure....damnit!

Upvote 0

El pescator

Almost A Member
Sep 14, 2013
Point Loma
Name
Ed
Boat
20' Customized Aquasport
We found a paddy loaded with hundreds and hundreds of dorado and yellowfin down there for easy limits.The day late dollar short ,I was referring to the blue marlin.I did not see a single boat down there after 9 am all day.I wish I had been listening to the vhf more.I would have been doing some diving for wahoo for sure....damnit!

I apologize for misunderstanding you. The funny thing was the day after we found the Wahoo (that didn't bite) two sporties and a PB'er landed Wahoo.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
This season sucks! LOL

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Dana Pride also got a WAHOOOOOO!!!!
Patrick, Where did you see the Dana Pride catching a wahoo? I looked all through Septembers counts, both Dana's fish counts and the always-reliable 976 o_O and couldn't find any wahoo. Despite the wahoo, these have to be the best seasonal counts the Pride has had since the boat arrived in Dana Point years ago. I'm used to seeing 70 passengers and a dozen bottom critters.

Upvote 0