Another Trout on the Troll @ the Vine.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by One_Leg, Jan 7, 2009.

1. JiGGZ

JiGGZ Newbie

Name:
    Boat:

Just wondering where you got your info and can you provide a link to it.... I'm Just sayin. I was told what I was told by a CALIF DFG Officer with a Badge and a GUN ( Bay Area Lakes Not legal to use corn for bait, about 6 years ago) and the other was a PHD who runs the fed group that breeds our national fish stocks. He also heads the genetic engineering of hybrids About the trout chow. He is man behind the Hybrid Giant Grass Carp they use in our waterways to keep them clear Suckers are over 6 feet long

So I am sure you understand I need some hard facts in writing before I risk Fines.

2. tunanorth

tunanorth I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Tunanorth
    Boat:
    Bass Tracker 16
    There is no link saying corn is legal as bait because the DFG regs only spell out what you CAN'T use and that you CAN'T chum.
    Again specific lakes [like EBMUD] and other Bay-Area lakes can indeed have their own separate regulations, but that is not the same as a DFG rule.
    I am a County Fish and Game Commissioner where I live.
    Although I'm not myself a PhD [much to my mom's chagrin], I have occasionally found that PhD's may exhibit "absent-minded professor" tendencies and get things like this wrong.
    I have caught hundreds of trout that have their bellies full of rocks and sticks that they picked up while foraging for insects, and they pass these materials with no problem as well.
    BTW, For several years, Berkley has sold "Trout Chow" pellets that are made of Power Bait.
    They don't usually work nearly as well as good old regular Power Bait, unless of course you chum with them!

3. big steve

big steve Member

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    2100 cc polar
    i agree!!!

4. One_Leg

One_Leg Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic

Name:
    Alan
    Boat:
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Way to go, good for you. I am hoping to get one above 20 this year on the troll.

5. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen

6. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    Thats a beauty! Is that the only fish you got or did you limit?What am I doing wrong?I have been fishing the Vine for 15 years and every year the fishing gets worse and worse for me.The last 3 times I got skunked.Was there for MLK and I saw one fish caught.Didnt see anything on the meter anywhere on the lake.Tried everything and trolled too.Used leadcore with needle fish,nightcrawlers.flashers,all the rapalas,yozuris.Flatlining.dropshotting,splitshotting,sightcasting to boils,powerbait,powerworms,slipbobbers with crawlers,minijigswith and without scents all in one day and nuthin.But at any other lake and especially at Corona I knock the shit out of them,always.Bout ready to cross the vine off my list.Very frustrating.I am nowhere near a newby in fresh or saltwater.I know this sounds shitty but i am beginning to think that they really dont stock very often.I used to limit all the time there. The bass,crappie and cats are reliable.Help!

7. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen

8. Father Ken

Father Ken Douchepickle

Name:
    notnek
    Boat:
    nothing
    Wow . Brutal . Hit the vine on a cloudy day , like tomorrow , flatline 4 pound test , about 100 feet back, at 2 MPH, in the flats, with a diawa sc shiner. Hooooook upppppp !!!!!!