CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
sounds like a big one supposed to become hurricane on monday, where's the weather man when you need him?

Upvote 0

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
www.thefishingweatherman.com
Name
Chris
Boat
none
sounds like a big one supposed to become hurricane on monday, were's the weather man when you need him?

I'm right here!

"Raymond" is now a tropical storm, forecast to become a hurricane and remain well south of Cabo and the Revillas.

Check current conditions in Ixtapa from the Webcam on my website: http://www.thefishingweatherman.com/index.php/webcam-list/48-ixtapa

Top winds are forecast to reach 100 mph, but intensity forecasts are much less reliable than track forecasts...and track forecasts late in the season are usually much more erratic than in the midst of the hurricane season. IF the storm has more interaction with mainland Mexico than currently indicated, it won't be as intense and it could impact the eventual track of Raymond.

Raymond.gif

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
Alpine
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
I'm all for Chris having his own weather forum, BD could use a top notch weather guy whose zero's in on our playground :)

Upvote 0

ISLAND BOUND

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 18, 2006
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
26 striper White Knuckles
They should be paying you Chris, to me weather is the biggest factor I consider when planning any trip. Your forcasts are as good as they get and you have a personal interest.

Upvote 0

Nuclieye

Almost A Member
Aug 22, 2006
Arizona
Name
Bob
Boat
Water Missle
I'm all for Chris having his own weather forum, BD could use a top notch weather guy whose zero's in on our playground :)

I agree... Problem is he is about as accurate as all others. I check 12 different sights before each trip and they all vary and rarly are right on predictions. I live close to Chris and he is about as close as they come on forecast which still isn't all that good considering the money spent on equipment etc...

Upvote 0

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
Name
Chris
Boat
none
Raymond QUICKLY intensified Sunday night...into a strong Category 2 hurricane with 110 mph sustained winds! Just goes to show how quickly things can change when it comes to tropical weather. The center is 125 miles SSW of Zihuatanejo. The good news is it's a pretty small storm, which likely allowed it to strengthen so quickly. Hurricane force winds (75 mph or greater) extend only 15 miles from the center, and tropical storm force winds (sustained 40 mph or greater) are only 60 miles out from the center of the storm. The heavy rain along coastal and inland Guerrero will produce flash flooding and this type of storm, with a lack of strong steering winds, will likely batter the coast for several days. Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo will certainly feel the impact of Raymond. Because the worst of the hurricane is such a small area, it's difficult to pinpoint exactly where it may make landfall, but I think it's safe to say somewhere north of Acapulco and south of Manzanillo. Maximus guys...you'll get some swell, but this one will likely stay well to the south of PV. If I have time I will post a video update Monday night...and thanks for your continued support!
-Chris Dunn

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
On a 14 day . Based on that current forecasted track with storm currently a cat 3 and stationary- doesn't bode well for these guys to make it past mag bay. Best of Luck to the RR3 and hope this thing doesn't put a big damper in their fishing adventure.

the good news is they just left - so they have had ample warning. It might be a different story if they were already down there.

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
All of the boats have up to the minute weather Intel on board. And getting caught in a severe storm is in my opinion, completely unacceptable. Completely unacceptable ! All I can say is WOW!!! The RR3 would never get caught in a storm, even if they were down there already.
On a 14 day . Based on that current forecasted track with storm currently a cat 3 and stationary- doesn't bode well for these guys to make it past mag bay. Best of Luck to the RR3 and hope this thing doesn't put a big damper in their fishing adventure.

the good news is they just left - so they have had ample warning. It might be a different story if they were already down there.

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
All of the boats have up to the minute weather Intel on board. And getting caught in a severe storm is in my opinion, completely unacceptable. Completely unacceptable ! All I can say is WOW!!! The RR3 would never get caught in a storm, even if they were down there already.

I have fished on the Rooster when we had waves breaking over the wheel house with 30 knot winds and had to turn down swell to be able to eat....so to say the Rooster would NEVER get caught is IMO silly.

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
You know that 30 knots of wind and running down swell to eat is very different than being caught in the open ocean in a Tropical storm/Hurricane and to think any differently is fricken crazy.
I have been on trips where it got real ugly too. You trust your life to whoever you want to. I will do the same.
Getting caught in a tropical storm or a hurricane is Unacceptable. Period !
I have fished on the Rooster when we had waves breaking over the wheel house with 30 knot winds and had to turn down swell to be able to eat....so to say the Rooster would NEVER get caught is IMO silly.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
You know that 30 knots of wind and running down swell to eat is very different than being caught in the open ocean in a Tropical storm/Hurricane and to think any differently is fricken crazy.
I have been on trips where it got real ugly too. You trust your life to whoever you want to. I will do the same.
Getting caught in a tropical storm or a hurricane is Unacceptable. Period !

i think (not 100 percent sure) if a naval captain got caught in a hurricane they prob ended their career. but then the navy should have better weather forecasts since they have other overhead equipment.

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
The bridge of every long range boat in the fleet is jugged with state of the art equipment including the SAT Phone!
They know EXACTLY what the weather is doing. Inforamtion is there. It's a matter of what one does with the info.
i think (not 100 percent sure) if a naval captain got caught in a hurricane they prob ended their career. but then the navy should have better weather forecasts since they have other overhead equipment.

Upvote 0

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
I think that a problem often arises when you have storms that can travel two to three times as fast as a LR vessel and are by their very nature unpredictable. If a storm zigs when it should have zagged, one could easily get caught in the fringe. The open ocean can be unforgiving, and I have the utmost faith that LR Captains always have their passengers best interests in mind when assessing whatever information they have at hand.

-Connor

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.