Inshore Another one SD

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    We were planning on fishing for bluefin but some unfortunate circumstances happened and we ended up not having enough bait.
    Fished the kelp between MB and PL for a mixed bag of rockfish, bass, sheephead and some rather large whitefish (the biggest I’ve seen locally).

Headed in for halibut and caught three keepers with two released. Here’s the twin of my butt from Friday. 35” but a little bit thicker than Friday’s.

Just curious if anyone who got bait from San Diego bay got a smaller number than usual? We may have gotten 40-50 sardines total for a half scoop. They weren’t giant but it was definitely way less than we usually get. I got bait Friday and we got almost twice of what we got today.

2BACD146-B035-4685-B171-FC82AF07A9FC.jpeg

F
    FISHDAWG_SD
    Been having the same issue in mission bay lately at the barge my tanks on the boat have always fit 1 to 1 1/2 scoops max last two or three trips ive had to buy 2 scoop because there giving me a really light 1st scoop always same dude never had that issue until recently but whatever it was it is i guess
    Upvote 0
    bazzturd
    bazzturd
    Call him out on it.
    Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
    Apr 29, 2004
    Duarte/Covina
    Name
    karl
    Boat
    20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
    Its getting to be that season!
    I got a light 1/2 scoop from Nacho on Sat for $30.
    It was also half dead when we got it and was completely dead!

watersdeep
    watersdeep
    I needed two passes from NACHO saturday as well, i simply asked the man ''Nacho, how is this bait'' he said it was shit, it just got there on friday. It did not have a chance to cure in the pin, due to demand. They are going through a lot of bait quickly. it's a shame people don't get that.
    Upvote 0

Tranquility

Tranquility
    Mar 13, 2004
    Calif
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    Century 3200WA
    We took a full scoop from Nacho later Saturday morning. It was 3 passes and in pretty good shape. Lasted well.

Upvote 0

Professionull1

San Diego, CA
    Jun 17, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    Barfy
    Lay off the Z!

Yes, the Everingham bro's have been loading the barges but the staff has been stiff with the bait. I have never heard of one of them tell me "no" for an extra swing of bait, but it happened and I was shocked

Reactions: cortezpirasea
    Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Lay off the Z!

Yes, the Everingham bro's have been loading the barges but the staff has been stiff with the bait. I have never heard of one of them tell me "no" for an extra swing of bait, but it happened and I was shocked
    This one wasn’t at the Z. I think I found a new spot but it was closeish

Upvote 0

Yuri_SD

Almost A Member
    Sep 11, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Yuri
    Boat
    none
    Nice fish. I think you need to check your camera lense. There's squiggly black marks to the right and left of it.
    It's to protect the super double secret shoreline to prevent triangulation of the exact position based on parallax in relationship to a male human specimen holding another vertebrate.

You can never be too careful these days.

12.JPG

Upvote 0