chumdumpster69

Pinhead
Feb 23, 2015
San Diego
Name
Christian Humphries
Boat
Dolphin/Cortez
Fished La Jolla on the New Seaforth today. The YT bite really slowed down, and we only got two yellows, averaging about three pounds. They were caught inside the kelp on the chovy. I threw iron the whole day, and caught some fat mackerel and a few short barries, and one decent calico was hung on the iron, but they preferred the live bait. A 25" WSB was also caught,which was pretty cool. Overall slow day but made my day when Jimmy Hughes on the Cortez gave me a job this summer as a deckhand. I'm more than stoked!

Last edited:
Reactions: Triple Limits
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Oh you will learn with Jim! The fish probably have gotten beat up and ran over with the zoo parking lot there. Good attitude you have. If you love being on the water then you will have a career. I believe time on the water will cure any seasick problems. Good luck

Reactions: chumdumpster69
Upvote 0

chumdumpster69

Pinhead
Feb 23, 2015
San Diego
Name
Christian Humphries
Boat
Dolphin/Cortez
It ends up all being the same, after a while it's just work. Different fish, same job less sleep haha
I'm in high school so I'm quite used to limited amounts of sleep so that probably won't be a problem haha. Thanks for the feedback by the way!

Upvote 0

chumdumpster69

Pinhead
Feb 23, 2015
San Diego
Name
Christian Humphries
Boat
Dolphin/Cortez
Oh you will learn with Jim! The fish probably have gotten beat up and ran over with the zoo parking lot there. Good attitude you have. If you love being on the water then you will have a career. I believe time on the water will cure any seasick problems. Good luck
I haven't gotten seasick lately, but I have a few (not so) fond memories on my uncle's boat of starting a really good chum line! I'm hoping I can get over it for good and do some real fishing! My dad worked on the purse seiners with Jimmy back in the day, so I hear some pretty good stories about him. A character for sure!:)

Reactions: Reel hip
Upvote 0

chumdumpster69

Pinhead
Feb 23, 2015
San Diego
Name
Christian Humphries
Boat
Dolphin/Cortez
Way cool to land a deck hand gig like your old man
Don't think I'll ever live up to what he did, we worked sportboats in high school then did a couple 180 day trips on the tuna boat south of the Equator. No thanks on that haha, he was averaging $10 a day to bust his ass!

Upvote 0