fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
no rod belt….however, i do own that small aftco one and like it a lot.

I do tend to get bruises in the lower groin area…. its just that when i catch/hook up to them, i dont wear the belt and dont really think about it when fighting fish
Just like bass thumb and Palm it hurts so good!!!

Upvote 0

Big Squid

Almost A Member
May 11, 2006
San Diego
Name
Big Squid
Boat
Pursuit
Hey Stella! Hey Stella !!!!

upload_2016-6-24_13-50-45.jpeg

Are you using Fluorocabon leaders?
Crimps work better than knots?

Great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Was able to get out early in the week and ended up with another trophy for our efforts. Caught the fish around 312 area but worked the 209 and 9 as well. Saw a tiny school, made one cast, and was rewarded with this estimated 140-150 bluefin. Fight was only 15 minutes or so with the stella 20k with 80lb spectra to 100lb leader with a popper on the end. Caught fish at 10am and literally did not see a thing for the next 6.5 hours. Frustrating to say the least but at least we got one. Fish was caught well within US waters. Ive had my fair share of skunk trips and tons of lost fish too. Below is how Ive been rigging my poppers with my heavy leaders.

Sharing another one of my easy recipes of seared bluefin tuna. All I used is just some steak seasoning laying around the house and seared it for 1 minute and 15 seconds on each side. Add a little bit of Unagi sauce (that sweet sauce on crunchy rolls) and youre done. give it a shot.

Have a great weekend!

View attachment 771278 View attachment 771279 View attachment 771280 View attachment 771281 View attachment 771282 View attachment 771283

Remember Billy on your last post? I said you play second fiddle to none--and you did it again. Nice technique by the sharp looking young man--is that rod sticking into his leg, or is there a belt? Either way, he has a perfect angle--and again you proved what a quality spinning outfit can do. Great shots.

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
WOW, Billy you are on FIRE!!!
You are the guy that knows how to do it!!!
Shows a lot of Experience & Knowledge to be so consistent.
Congrats for the Forth Time!!!
Remember Billy on your last post? I said you play second fiddle to none--and you did it again. Nice technique by the sharp looking young man--is that rod sticking into his leg, or is there a belt? Either way, he has a perfect angle--and again you proved what a quality spinning outfit can do. Great shots.

Again, thank you for the kind words….

The young man ???? you must be mistaken….Im almost at my mid thirties and thats me. lol.

I wasn't wearing a belt for this battle.

Always fun on the spinning gear!

Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
wow you must be really really good at finding them, or really really really really lucky. i think its the first one because nobody can be lucky that many times.

Upvote 0

Headshot

Aug 21, 2004
Lake Forest, CA.
Name
Tim
Boat
05' 2601 SeaSwirl Striper
Bluefin magnent, wow!
Congrats on another beautiful fish, Cheers!

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
Very Nice Indeed. . . Congrats!!!

Upvote 0

Wetdline

Mar 29, 2012
California, USA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Wetdline
Great job again Billy! Your reports are motivating and are getting me out in the water. Thanks.

Just curious, what crimping tool are you using on your mono?

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
Mar 20, 2008
Carmel, CA
Name
john
Boat
not crazy enough yet
Thank for that Billy :).

I love crimps but you gotta do your homework on them to make sure you are using the right sleeve and right pressure.

Upvote 0