I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 22, 2007
Fulleton
Name
Gary
Boat
25 custom aluminum pilot house
Had to stay local today.
New "kid" on the boat and didn't know the routine. My regular ho Jay had to work. So broke my UPS driver Mike in with an easy day to learn the ropes.
Fished the local reefs again for a slow steady bite on the sandies with a couple of Calicos thrown in for extra measure. All good grade. Tossed a lot fish back. Photographed and released calicos.
Lots of fog. Breezy mid day then back to fog. Most fish in the 18" inch range. A few under and several over. Biggest calico went 19". Biggest hog sandie went 25" + . Mike got the big calico and big sandie. His "best ever" on both! I told him I'd put him on the fish! Made his week.
Lost several BIG bites to unknown kind of fish. Never got them to color but a good fight anyway. Caught a nice Cabezon 17". Not sure if they were open sent him back down to get bigger. But I now know I could have kept him for some tasty eats! Damn, couldn't find my regs book!
Kept 8 fish for friends and family. Lots of catch and release. Lost count of totals.
Off the water by 3p.m.
Great day on the water with friends.

Thanks,
GARY
Gary's Custom Saddlery & Silver
maker of fishing belt buckles
http://www.garyscustomsaddleryandsilver.com < Custom saddles, carved leather & exotic belts, and solid sterling silver & gold belt buckles
Gary's Belt Buckles
http://www.garysbeltbuckles.com < Award & Trophy Buckles

Attachments

divegod1

AKA "unidentified angler"
Jan 24, 2007
HOT!
Name
Michael
Boat
next one i'm on...
Nice way to spend the day Gary.

tsurikichi

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi fishincowboy,

Nice job. Great lookin' machine !!

Thanks,

tsurikichi

hyroller

Oct 9, 2009
Hermosa Beach, CA USA
Name
Don
Boat
25, Defiance
Great report, nice fish... one question though, what the heck is that object next to your left elbow in the first shot? Great looking boat, but was curious what was mounted on the side?

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Yep...... old fashioned meat grinder.

I like the idea of mounting it on a board then inserting it in a trolling socket.

Thanks for the pix & outanding job on the bass.

phanatic!

Sep 9, 2009
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Danny
Boat
15' & 21' Bayrunner Baja's & 23' Pacific
I saw you out there today. I was in the 21 Bayrunner Baja with the t-top. Great job today.

nefarious235

Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Nice job again on the locals Gary. One lucky UPS driver , now to take the Gray Ghost out for a real run. See you later

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"
NIce job, guys! Heard u guys on the radio that day. MAn was that fog a pain! I had to go to plan D that day too!

labrat

FISH ON!!
Sep 19, 2007
Riverside, CA
Name
Jay
Boat
Crew Member for Fishing Cowboy
Wow what a fish!! That guy is gonna remember that trip for a long time. I think you might have got him addicted Gary.

PS. Great job Gary putting him on the fish. Your knowledge and skill as a fisherman is amazing!!:worship:

(the above is only my sorry attempt at kissing ass so I don't lose my seat on the boat)

WAR

@WARBAITS
Sep 3, 2005
San Diego
www.warbaits.com
Name
AA
Boat
KEY WEST BR196 / HOBIE PA14
Nice sandie...
Thing is a biggie.
If you got a photo of the fish on the measuring table, you should submit it to the BASS Club Forum Monthly Big Bass Contest

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Way to go Gary and Mike, congrats on some great Bass'n!