PENN

obtunaman

Mar 8, 2006
Point Loma
Name
Lonie
Boat
17' Invader open bow
Fished the 9 at graylight till 10:30 for nada on 5th trip again on sundays. Guess it's a midweek spot only. No tuna-Hoos,not even a skippy. Going back to coranados next weekend. Anyone know if they're still being aggressive on inspections? My last 2 trips there in july we were checked.

Reactions: Arduous
Upvote 0

entropyGain

Jun 22, 2009
Escondido
Name
Scott
Boat
40' Riviera Flybridge
Right there with you today. Nothing up the 9 to La Jolla. Saw a marlin jump and boxed the area but that was as close as I got...

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Sunrise to sunset.
If you want the whoo its your best bet.:)

Upvote 0

Tackleho619

Sep 15, 2006
Chula Vista/CA/USA
Name
Tackleho619
Boat
Sold
We were out there too. Trolled the upper nine til 11am n decided to fish La Jolla for Ytl n calicos. About a mile out while looking for signs of life we got a blind strike on the large blk n purple marauder. Kept the boat in gear n got him within 40yds then he jumped n broke my 275lb wire harness. We were bummed, especially my friends 16yr old son who was pulling on the wahoo. Note to self, ck ur wire harnesses for frays n rough spots:( Now there's a big wahoo out there dragging around my bnp marauder...lol
Until next time:)

Upvote 0

obtunaman

Mar 8, 2006
Point Loma
Name
Lonie
Boat
17' Invader open bow
We were out there too. Trolled the upper nine til 11am n decided to fish La Jolla for Ytl n calicos. About a mile out while looking for signs of life we got a blind strike on the large blk n purple marauder. Kept the boat in gear n got him within 40yds then he jumped n broke my 275lb wire harness. We were bummed, especially my friends 16yr old son who was pulling on the wahoo. Note to self, ck ur wire harnesses for frays n rough spots:( Now there's a big wahoo out there dragging around my bnp marauder...lol
Until next time:)
Heard you on the radio about losing marauder. Sucks that you lost one of the few that was there yesterday. Noname mako was the boat I was on out there.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
[QUOTE="Tackleho619, post: 3956560, member: 164649 Now there's a big wahoo out there dragging around my bnp marauder...lol
Until next time:)[/QUOTE]

We'll keep an eye out for it. If it,s still stuck in the jaw that is.

Reactions: Tackleho619
Upvote 0

obtunaman

Mar 8, 2006
Point Loma
Name
Lonie
Boat
17' Invader open bow
Coronados are dead tons of seals ... yes they"mex military" are out there inspecting .....
Sorry to hear that> July had 6 yellowtail and had sealions try to steal 2 but got them back before could shred them. Mex Navy was like a magnet on us both trips too going past the sport boats and going fast to get to us. Had all needed papers both times.

Upvote 0

fishsmith

Captain
May 16, 2008
murrieta/ca/usa
Name
Jim
Boat
21' Proline "MarLinz"
On Monday last week, I tried the 9 mib for wahoo with a Coranado island fall back plan. The chovies were daintilly eaten by fat sealions two feet off the back of the boat. They looked like big girls eating finger foods at a wedding. Switched to rapalas and caught 5 yt up to 20 lbs. We also lost 5 rapalas to sealions that stole 5 more yt from us. Navy circled the South island, but did not visit us.

Upvote 0