FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Looks like the AA has ruined another young angler just as he is getting started in the game.

"Young ten year old Jack Hebdon boated his 125lber hooked and landed all by himself – a Fish of a lifetime for a well deserved, good angler."

NaplesJohn

Never Forget 343
Jun 9, 2010
Port Aransas, TX, USA
Name
John
Boat
Wilderness Systems T-160...and just sold the boat!!!
Lil guy will have to grow a bunch so that the fish will be as big as he is! Caught YFT as big as me...but never a BFT anywhere close!!! Nice job!!!!

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
10 years old, hooked and landed that one, Buck and a Quarter! His boots look like they've got some time on the water.
Pretty sure he's making plans for his next trip, hoping for another personal best. Good job, Jake!

Reactions: Mike Hebdon

BlueSashimi

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 19, 2014
Name
D
Boat
C
Now thats a fishing trip! I was in my 30's and when I caught my first tuna and I was pretty stoked. At 10 years old, a trip like this with a fish like that will be imprinted in the brain. How did that fish not pull him overboard? Good job!

Soda Pop

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
WTG !!! Young man. What a great catch.

Mike Hebdon

Aug 29, 2015
oceanside
Name
Mike Hebdon
Boat
ocean
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG
Looks like the AA has ruined another young angler just as he is getting started in the game.

"Young ten year old Jack Hebdon boated his 125lber hooked and landed all by himself – a Fish of a lifetime for a well deserved, good angler."

IMG_3651.JPG IMG_1532.jpg IMG_3639.JPG IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1453.JPG

Reactions: Longfin56 and REPO

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Mike,

Congratulations to Jake and props to you for giving him the opportunity and support to make this happen! Wish every fishing father had the means, motive and opportunity. Many do but they just don't take the final step to make it so.

Well done and a great outcome. I am sure this was not his first rodeo but it will likely be one he remembers the rest of his life.

My avatar shows my first real YFT (on the AA). Took me 50 years to make it happen and my father had been gone for 30 of those. I think of him every time I wet a line. I think of my son every time I see a young angler having fun. Reminds me that I need to make a concerted effort to get my son down to San Diego and out on the AA. We fish a lot up here but he has never tangled with a tuna.

All the best to you both!

Last edited:

Mike Hebdon

Aug 29, 2015
oceanside
Name
Mike Hebdon
Boat
ocean
Mike,

Congratulations to Jake and props to you for giving him the opportunity and support to make this happen! Wish every fishing father had the means, motive and opportunity. Many do but they just don't take the final step to make it so.

Well done and a great outcome. I am sure this was not his first rodeo but it will likely be one he remembers the rest of his life.

My avatar shows my first real YFT (on the AA). Took me 50 years to make it happen and my father had been gone for 30 of those. I think of him every time I wet a line. I think of my son every time I see a young angler having fun. Reminds me that I need to make a concerted effort to get my son down to San Diego and out on the AA. We fish a lot up here but he has never tangled with a tuna.

All the best to you both!