mullet

Metal Fabricator
  • Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat Name
    19"Gregor
    I have no affiliation with accurate , but I do know metal . They would have to completely disassemble every part off that reel , chemically strip the body ,re anodize and reassemble the reel . So I'm going to guess it's a solid NO .

Upvote 0

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
    Advertiser
  • Sep 18, 2012
    USA
    Name
    Al
    Boat Name
    Whatever I can get on
    I have couple new slv Accurate's with line on it ,is it possible the get camo pattern,if i send it back to you
    Thanks
    That is not possible. The only way to get a camo colored reel would be to place an order through a dealer. Another is that the way the anodizing process works the whole reel would have to be stripped and polished before any anodizing could be done. Stripping can cause tolerances to be altered.

Reactions: graywolf
    Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
    May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat Name
    Camo Whammo
    You're best bet for camo is to hydro dip. Be mindful of mating surfaces, threaded screw holes, and any other tolerance sensitive areas.

Reactions: graywolf
    Upvote 0

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
    Advertiser
  • Sep 18, 2012
    USA
    Name
    Al
    Boat Name
    Whatever I can get on
    I have no affiliation with accurate , but I do know metal . They would have to completely disassemble every part off that reel , chemically strip the body ,re anodize and reassemble the reel . So I'm going to guess it's a solid NO .
    You are correct, thank you.

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
    May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat Name
    Camo Whammo
    What is hydro dip,never heard about it,learning everyday just like fishing

Tons of videos online. It's basically water transfer printing. You dunk an object into a film floating on water. The film can be as simple as spraypaint or an image printed on hydrographic film. The options are many.

Upvote 0