Jeff
Boat
17' Radon
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a6z.jpg
I thought it might be time to create a space for folks to post up shots of their current, old, or lusted-after Anderson Custom Boats. Bill Anderson and crew have been creating some unbelievable custom boats over the decades up in Santa Barbara/Goleta, and this is a chance for guys to show us some favorite photos of theirs or a buddy's rig.

Last edited:

Jawaspeedway

Jun 6, 2015
Name
Mike
Boat
Greenough
I'm on my second Anderson. First one was a 22' that I built. I had Bill drop off a hull at my house and I went on a 6 month trial and error boat building experience. It was a great experience, but I will NEVER do fiberglass boat work again!! I can remember soaking my arms in 5 gallon cans of acetone trying to get rid of the itch. I was young and broke at the time, and could barely afford the gas to get me to the islands and back. Once the engine seized, I had to sell it because of lack of funds for a new motor. I did have some memorable trips on that boat. Fast forward 12+ years and I have a boat again. A 17' greenough. What a great boat. Easy to tow, easy to maintain, easy to store, inexpensive to run. I do miss the deck space and stand up cabin of the 22', but the 17' is a perfect day-run boat.
Bill is a great guy. He was really cool about helping me out when I was building the 22'. We are privileged to have Bill and Don building boats here in town. Two of the finest custom boat builders around.

skiff

skiff
Apr 30, 2007
central coast of california
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Radon
n1.jpg

Jawa- Somewhere in my files I have a nice photo of your red Ando 22 at anchor along the backside of SCI at a surf spot that shall not be mentioned. I met you a few weeks ago at the ramp in SB, you have that blue center console I-o, correct? You were mentioning maybe having Jeff Hull add a cabin onto it at some point...? I think that photo I have of your red Ando is what, maybe 20+ years old? This photo here is of a buddy's Anderson 26; just a super clean example of what can be done...

BrianS

Boatswain's Mate
Mar 23, 2014
Ca
Name
Brian
Boat
Stringari
This is my first Ando and when I purchased it I gave Bill a shout to find out the history.....some guys don't care but I dig that kinda stuff. Bill was kind enough to dig out a pic of my boat in his yard in 1991 when he was building it for Steve Jubina.

IMG_1096.JPG
Maverick-page-001.jpg

Jawaspeedway

Jun 6, 2015
Name
Mike
Boat
Greenough
View attachment 638661
Jawa- Somewhere in my files I have a nice photo of your red Ando 22 at anchor along the backside of SCI at a surf spot that shall not be mentioned. I met you a few weeks ago at the ramp in SB, you have that blue center console I-o, correct? You were mentioning maybe having Jeff Hull add a cabin onto it at some point...? I think that photo I have of your red Ando is what, maybe 20+ years old? This photo here is of a buddy's Anderson 26; just a super clean example of what can be done...
Skiff, that would be cool to see a pic of my old boat. A buddy of mine saw it a couple of months ago fishing out front. A cabin on my 17' is hopefully in the near future.

knot keely

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 9, 2014
Name
Dan
Boat
None (yet)
I know many others have said it before me, but man the Andersons sure know how to design & build cabins. The lines on the Maverick, Rock Steady, Lowrider, Salsipuedes, and that seafoam/grey 22' above are pure perfection. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Hey Bill/Ed: why don't you guys tend to put that style of cabin on the Greenough's? Has it just been customer preference, or is there some reason it doesn't work out so well on the smaller boats?

Reactions: BrianS

BrianS

Boatswain's Mate
Mar 23, 2014
Ca
Name
Brian
Boat
Stringari
Do window stickers count? Ok, Ok I know it is a stretch but I am just trying to keep the thread alive.

IMG_1264.JPG

Reactions: sbsurfer

skiff

skiff
Apr 30, 2007
central coast of california
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Radon
Ha, yes, window stickers count. Here's a few shots of some North Coast Andersons...just so spectacular up there. Snuck an old Radon photo in just for some character...

bd1a.jpg bd2.jpg bd3.jpg bd4.jpg bd5.jpg

Reactions: BrianS

SpecialK

May 13, 2004
So. OC
Name
John
Boat
none
A couple of shots of my old 22 Anderson. I bought it from Bill Duker in Oxnard and used it out of Dana Point for a number of years. It went back up to Santa Barbara when I sold it. It was an awesome boat for me. Bill Duker had restored it beautifully before I purchased it. Great boats.
Anderson 22-2.jpg
22 Anderson !.jpg
Anderson 22-7.jpg

Bivvv

Jul 10, 2004
Santa Cruz
Boat
24' Skipjack Cast & Blast
Check sfcraigslist 26' on newer galv triple Axel trailor 12,000 not mine just thought one of you guys might be interested

Reactions: starbright55