I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 28, 2015
California
Name
Joe
Boat
N/A
Very nice job on the fish.

Curious, how big is your Parker? Looks like a 2320 or 2520 from the picture with the three of you standing but I could be wrong; love the bait area you added in the center, simple but effective.

Oh, and you were smart to avoid the weekend. About eighty boats out there right now as I type this. More boats than fish.

Last edited:

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Straight quality right there!!!

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Don't know about you all but I think I'm sick of seeing all of Billy's successes. It's very demoralizing. No offense Billy, you're killing it, but how can one guy slay them every trip and the majority of us get skunked trip after trip. FML

Hello Josh!

If you want me to be really honest…I put my whole heart into this. I can't tell you how passionate I am about the hunt. From studying the water, reading in-between lines of reports, making my own assessments and just really trying to put myself in the right position….allows for some successes.

I admit it. Ive had skunk trips too but have not posted about them much. Ive always said from day one that Im been lucky many instances. I go out with the mentality of just knowing that each day is different and we just have to enjoy our company, the process, and the journey and allow the catch to be the bonus.

i know its been a rough year for many…but dont give up … just continue to be a student of the sea and be open to new ideas and methods.

Thanks for the kind words… let me know if I can help in any way.

Reactions: Simon Bon Bowery

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
A+ on the report, appreciate all the details.

You guys have it dialed in!

Thank you!!! Ive actually rarely fished with the same group this year. my goal is to just put a bunch of friends on new experiences.

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
hey, lemme ask… when you say 'chumming' are you brailing live bait, chunk? and good job there boss, quality fish fo sho!

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
hey, lemme ask… when you say 'chumming' are you brailing live bait, chunk? and good job there boss, quality fish fo sho!

Great question!

Im doing both. I have a really big bait tank for my size boat….so I'm always chumming 1-2 pieces every few minutes, if not more. With our dead bait or beat up bait, i cut up some as chunk…..but just seen a little more action with the live chum.

Crusty Rod

Jun 2, 2003
s calif
jimparker.us
Name
captain
Boat
25' Farallon - reel passion
Holy chit, thats about as good as catching gets! nice size fish, thanks for the pics, cant wait to get out there