Fishingguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Don't know about you all but I think I'm sick of seeing all of Billy's successes. It's very demoralizing. No offense Billy, you're killing it, but how can one guy slay them every trip and the majority of us get skunked trip after trip. FML

Hello Josh!

If you want me to be really honest…I put my whole heart into this. I can't tell you how passionate I am about the hunt. From studying the water, reading in-between lines of reports, making my own assessments and just really trying to put myself in the right position….allows for some successes.

I admit it. Ive had skunk trips too but have not posted about them much. Ive always said from day one that Im been lucky many instances. I go out with the mentality of just knowing that each day is different and we just have to enjoy our company, the process, and the journey and allow the catch to be the bonus.

i know its been a rough year for many…but dont give up … just continue to be a student of the sea and be open to new ideas and methods.

Thanks for the kind words… let me know if I can help in any way.

Reactions: Simon Bon Bowery
Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
hey, lemme ask… when you say 'chumming' are you brailing live bait, chunk? and good job there boss, quality fish fo sho!

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
hey, lemme ask… when you say 'chumming' are you brailing live bait, chunk? and good job there boss, quality fish fo sho!

Great question!

Im doing both. I have a really big bait tank for my size boat….so I'm always chumming 1-2 pieces every few minutes, if not more. With our dead bait or beat up bait, i cut up some as chunk…..but just seen a little more action with the live chum.

Upvote 0

Crusty Rod

Jun 2, 2003
s calif
jimparker.us
Name
captain
Boat
25' Farallon - reel passion
Holy chit, thats about as good as catching gets! nice size fish, thanks for the pics, cant wait to get out there

Upvote 0

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
Thanks Billy , your efforts are an encouragement to all who have read your reports.
And your photos are evidence of a job well done. Great fishing starts at home, and ends In the water. Your forethought , and positive disposition put you in the right place at the right time. None of that is luck.
Just like the sushi and sashimi dinner , that ain't luck
But good effort. ...... Thanks Billy .
You help us all to really see what is still there.
......Thank you.

Upvote 0

tunastryker25

Almost A Member
May 14, 2007
OC
Name
Kevin
Boat
Triton 2486 WA
It'll be interesting to know what's your success rate (percentage) in term of successful trips versus skunked trips... kind of like shooting percentage in basketball... makes versus misses...

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
It'll be interesting to know what's your success rate (percentage) in term of successful trips versus skunked trips... kind of like shooting percentage in basketball... makes versus misses...

I didnt really keep track of it…but if i had to guess…i may have skunked 5-6 times this year and have had 20 fish catching trips. Right around there. Usually 1 skunk per 4 trips, but recently I've been on a roll with fish caught on last 6-7 trips.

Upvote 0

tunastryker25

Almost A Member
May 14, 2007
OC
Name
Kevin
Boat
Triton 2486 WA
btw nice boat... if you ever decide to upgrade and sell your boat, I am first in line... got to get some of that positive karma... lol

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Well, it looks like you're getting the hang of it... geez

Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Great question!

Im doing both. I have a really big bait tank for my size boat….so I'm always chumming 1-2 pieces every few minutes, if not more. With our dead bait or beat up bait, i cut up some as chunk…..but just seen a little more action with the live chum.
roger that, thanks man.

Upvote 0