Anchoring at Coronados?

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by pfish, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfish

pfish Member

Name:
    Pfish
    Boat:
    23 Parker
    Did a search, saw some old info, but just wondering if you can anchor at the Coronados over night? Have done it in the past, but wondering about now with the navy over there checking visas and passports. Know you cannot filet fish onboard.

2. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Your not supposed to have a knife in Mexico... seriously.

Try calling the Mexican consulate in down town s.d. they should be able to tell you. I'm pretty sure you can but you need to check with someone who really knows. good luck, use two anchors.

3. HookEmDanO

HookEmDanO Huhuhuge member

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    what ?

4. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    That's right... it's Mexico not the U.S. and you are not allowed to carry a knife, they don't like anything that can be a weapon, even though I have never heard of them hassling fisherman about a fishing knife, that is the law in Mexico.

5. HookEmDanO

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    that may be...BUT...a fishing boat with out a knife? that is ridiculous

I have been stopped by the mex on the water with knifes in plain view...no mention...just the usual paper was needed

I have never heard of anyone ever having a problem in our local mex waters with having a knife...even a crocodile dundee knife...I seriously doubt that will ever be an issue

Vibora likes this.
  6. michael e. bingham

michael e. bingham Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Pura Vida
    Boat:
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    I've been checked numerous time's on the water and I have never been questioned about the 2 knives on my bait tank knife and cutters holder , im talking coronados ,mid Driff islands and Puerto san isidro where my house is at for over 40 years , thats the Dumbest thing I've ever heard , all the long Range boats in Mexico and no knives ? I wouldn't even repeat that

fish&snow likes this.
  7. pfish

pfish Member

Name:
    Pfish
    Boat:
    23 Parker
    Back onto the subject: Can you anchor at Coronados with your passport and Mex fishing license?

polfishski likes this.
  8. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:

You can read right? did you read what I said, "I have never heard of them hasseling a fisherman about having a knife. AND like I always say, just because they don't enforce a law, it is still the law. I am simply letting you know that in Mexico it is illegal to carry a knife. and yes I know people who have been hasseled because they had knives in their camping gear. I totally agree a fishing boat without a knife is ridiculous, for safety if nothing else. I don't really care if you believe it or you don't, it is still there law. We are on the water and dealing with the captain of a Mexican war ship, and i sincerely doubt he is to worried about you and your knife... but that doesn't mean that it isn't there law or that the next one will be the same way. What? do you think I get off making up some shit to see...?what? I got better things to do. I gave you the info, believe it or don't i really don't give a fuck.

9. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    Why are you looking for information from people who probably don't know any more than you do. If one of these guys say yes it is or no it isn't are you gonna take that as the word of god? I told you how to find out, from a credible source that actually does have the information. I don't want to seem like an asshole but check with a for sure credible source. Trust me if it isn't and you are standing tall in front of the man and you give as an explanation, well so and so on bloody decks said it was okay... what do you think they are going to say when they get done laughing?
    wait, my bad....yes you can anchor.. I thought you wanted to know if you can spend the night, which as far as I know is okay too. just remember there is a difference between as far as I know and yes it is, because I don't know for sure but I told you who does.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  10. HookEmDanO

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    YES kinda ...ya need the FMM and maybe some other paper work...IF all paper work in order...the answer is YES

11. cortezpirasea

cortezpirasea Pangero

Name:
    Russell
    Boat:
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    When I get "caught' with a knife in Mexico they always throw the 4 finger rule at me... If the blade is longer than your four fingers side by side they tend to discuss the matter strenuously. Then again you play the part of "I'm a fisherman" and if you are "cool"... You may get further down the road with your knife. On the water I have never had an issue.

One_Leg likes this.
  12. HookEmDanO

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I can read...no reason for you to get ButtHurt over this...you already mentioned its illegal..now you have yet again...I never said I didnt believe it

"i really don't give a fuck."

yet you do, else why post yet again...why not move on if ya "dont give a fuck"?

13. HookEmDanO

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    of course not :rofl:

14. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    okay... what did I say? I said it is illegal to carry a knife in Mexico... go on google and type in, Mexican law is it legal to carry a knife

15. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    no i don't give a fuck if you believe it, i just don't like it implied that i am a liar when i am only trying to pass on some information that could help one of you... yeah maybe i get more defensive than i think, but i'm not a bullshitter and i don't talk shit... i wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. go on google and see for yourself.... just don't mis quote me or imply i said anything other than what i said and you will see it is 100 percent the truth

16. HookEmDanO

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    WOW

for some one who said "i really don't give a fuck." ... 2 more posts ?

I think at this point you are only arguing with yerself :argue:

NO one called you a liar
    NO one said carrying a knife was legal...

sheez...take a deep breath and re-read...

REELCLOSE likes this.
  17. michael e. bingham

michael e. bingham Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Pura Vida
    Boat:
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
  18. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    C'mon Mike, you know the answer to this question better than most, I've been waiting for you to tell him rather than me. :)

The unknown fisherman:p:

19. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Ok, looks like Mike B logged off.

Yes, you can anchor up and spend the night at the island.

The unknown fisherman:p:

20. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    Dan you really made me think about this, because your right, why?
    I don't know anyone who has posted on here, but we share a common interest and because of that I like them, yes even you. I put out information like that all the time, and i do it because if I can keep any of you from getting fucked over, I want to do it. I know the law so it doesn't really effect me if i pass it along or I don't, if you believe it or you don't, my life won't change. and i like people to question it, if they go and check it out for them selves because there is no substitute for knowledge. but when someone tries to discredit what i have said and basicly tries to make me look bad, of course i want to defend myself but most of all it means that all or anyone who may have not gotten fucked over by knowing this, now doubts it, and they doubt it because someone talked shit about something they have done no checking on to see if it is true or not, but they are doing there best to make it look like bullshit... and they have done nothing to see if it is or not except to say something I already said, "I have never seen them hassel a fisherman" what do they have to gain? they just fucked someone out of learning something, getting some information that might have helped them, and why? It doesn't effect me, I know the law. If there is anyone who has read this, and doesn't know if it is true or not, and doesn't make some kind of effort to keep their knife on the down low but instead wants to flaunt it, there is no helping them anyway. but ask yourself before trying to discredit someone for something they said, is it true... by checking it for yourself... ask yourself what do they have to gain by saying it and what do i have to gain by questioning it, if i don't know if it is true or not..because you may be fucking over all these people... people who are here to learn something or share something with you so you can learn something. You don't know everything there is to know do you? I know I certainly don't. I know i have a lot i can share, as do other people here... but when shit like this happens you can't help but think, why bother...why go through this, just to help someone else and there is nothing in it for me?
    Like I told that other guy you were quick to comment on... I don't want to be an asshole... I don't, there is nothing in it for me... but I want to get his attention and make him think about what he is doing.. he shouldn't be coming here for that kind of information... do you think he should? I think your smarter than that, get your fishing information here but don't get your legal advice that your going to count on like it is for sure here... don't tell me you don't agree with that. that would make me wonder about you then. dude i have no problem with you, if you want to go head to head with me it's your call. I haven't been on here for a while because I got tired of the bullshit and it has turned into ebay, but there are a lot of guys on here who know me and i am sure they will tell you my bite is much worse than my bark... but that is up to you, like i said i don't have a problem with you, but i will also stand up for myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.