Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Look at the shoulders on that stud! Nice fish, too! :D
    Way to go guys and congrats to pops! My dad turns 83 this year and he's in better shape than I am (which isn't saying much). 💪

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Hell yea love it brother give him a High 5 from me !!!! What a Stud!

Upvote 0

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Junction City OR
    Name
    Rod Lathrop
    Boat
    24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
    Wow great trip you are both so lucky! My dad passed/lung cancer when he was just 60...

Tuna rob
    Tuna rob
    I’m sorry to hear that. I am so fortunate to be able to still spend time with him on the water. I hope we have a few years left. It’s crazy how a fishing trip here and there keeps his spirits up, and keeps him going.
    Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
    Dana Point
    Name
    Paul L.
    Boat
    33’ Blackfin
    Great report. The smile on your dad's face says it all! You will both remember this day forever.

Upvote 0

HESBROS

Oct 13, 2005
    Lancaster
    Name
    EDDIE
    Boat
    17 Invader "Casting Queen"
    Fished Anacapa island in my Triumph 17CC today with my pops for the first time. Wind was up in the morning but made it across at 15MPH. Got there around 6:00 and started looking for fish. Found them and everyone else at East Fish Camp. Fished savage squid and super flukes. Missed a big bite on the savage squid, and my dad got 1 beast on the super fluke. This was my Dads 3rd trip in over 2 years due to deteriorating health conditions. Can’t walk very good anymore, and unfortunately charter boats are a thing of the past for him. Our efforts were granted with his fish of a lifetime. He has never caught a seabass this big, and he talks about catching one all the time. Once the fish hit the gaff I was almost in tears because I knew how much this meant to him. Hes 83 yers old, and is having trouble dealing with the fact that his fishing days are coming to an end. We left early around 10:30 and had a wet ride back, but we’re doing 20MPH with the wind at our back. I was so happy to put him on the fish of his lifetime, and I look forward to taking him out again on Father’s Day. I know I need to get these trips in before I am unable to fish with the man who gave me this passion. Oh yeah, he caught it on a lexa 300 on a bass rod 😜.

View attachment 1287587

View attachment 1287588

View attachment 1287589
    That is so awesome Rob. A memory you nor your pops will ever forget!

Upvote 0