america's dead sea

Discussion in 'Goof Off Photo Editing & Video Clips' started by nearbrt, Jul 7, 2013.

1. nearbrt

nearbrt Newbie

Name:
    robert
    Boat:
    kayak & 20'bass boat
  2. mpkfish

mpkfish Newbie

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Still A Dream
    What a great piece. I remember when it was a great Place to fish.

3. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    That about sums it up. Nice video...

4. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    there is a fairly simple solution to this dead sea..... we need two pipe lines....one taking water from the north end of the salton sea and delivering it to the north end of the sea of cortez....another taking cleaner less salty water from the sea of cortez back into the salton sea till the salinity levels equalize. We would need mexico to support the plan as a mediation to the new (sewer) river coming from Calexico. The sea is lower them the sea of cortez and lower ,but not by much, then the land between. The water dropping from the heights of the syphon on both sides could be used to create electricity to power pumps to get it started. The side coming from the salton sea would only need pumps to get it started since the salton sea is below sea level and the water would siphon from the sea of cortez to the salton by simply keeping the pipeline water and air tight.
    I don't have the calculations but in ten years or so the salinity levels would be dropping instead of rising.With the promise of cleaner water year by year the projected permanent level could make the land adjacent to the salton sea worth ten times what it is now and the property taxes could help fund this project. Fishing over the years would improve dramatically helping the economies of all surrounding communities.....and eventually the sea would becme self cleaning and an huge fishing mecca with far better fishing then it ever used to have....specias that never could survive their would colonate with little or no effort as small fish and other larval forms of sea life came with the new water.

Am I dreaming?...I've been thinking about this for 20 years now

5. DITCH CLEANER

DITCH CLEANER Newbie

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    party
    I like what you say as it sounds like it might work. But the cost and politics with mexico would be a hard pill to swallow.

6. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    It would work.....if it could get funded.....but it is a win win for all concerned.....higher property taxes for the government(god did I just say that) more tourism cleaner environment. more diverse fish population and maybe even a new spawning area for totava if managed correctly it would fund itself.....but alas we live in the land of the endless lawsuits from radical environmentalists

7. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    enviro's don't like new species added to any new environment. they call them invasive species. not to mention nobody wants all those farm chemicals pumped into their waters. unless you could figure out how ALOT of money could be made, it will never happen.

8. DITCH CLEANER

DITCH CLEANER Newbie

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    party
    I have no Idea how to get such a thing financed, if you could convince some government big boys it is in their best interest maybe it would go. Trying to hold a siphon seal for that distance is it possible?

9. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Lee Obvious
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras
    Doug, because your ideas are so simple, and make so much sense, it will never work.

Shit, if there was a multi billionaire who would fund the entire thing, it still would never happen, due to politics and tree huggers.

10. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum