Bald Guy Fishing

Rod Builder
Feb 23, 2021
Chattanooga
Name
Derek Beamer
Boat
Fish and Ski
American Tackle continues to innovate and provide builders with components that look incredible and perform even better. Some of my favorites are the CCT reel seats and the G2 Carbon Handles. Both are durable, light weight and add a bad ass touch to any fishing rod. The MicroWave guides are a staple on all of my builds, both customer and personal. The Bushido blanks make the perfect backbone for any fishing rod. You will not go wrong with American Tackle!

Upvote 0

MoIsFishing

Captain Mo Fishing & Charters
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Debary
    Name
    Ancelmo
    Boat
    Sea Hunt Gamefish/ Action Craft
    Derek I whole heartedly agree with you. The creative innovation that goes into making some of these components and AT never stops amazing the fishing industry. I cant wait to see what this summer brings! I hope to see some more of those recycled money builds. I stop to admire one every time I see you post another.

Reactions: American Tackle
    Upvote 0

WallyWallace

Feb 23, 2021
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Name
    Chris Wallace
    Boat
    Optimystic
    American Tackle components is literally all I use. I use their Titan titanium ring lock casting guides (NIRLC) on all my fly rod builds. My go to guides for my centerpin builds are the Tiforged Spinning and running guides(DBTS,NIBTS, and NIBTRS). I also love their G2 spinning reel seats. They go on everything other than my fly rod builds if I have any choice. For fly rod blanks on a budget, you can't beat the Matrix fly blanks. AT has never let me down!

Upvote 0

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Lake Los Angeles, CA
    Name
    Hector Garcia
    Boat
    I need a ride.
    Ive used Am Tac products and have no issues with them. The people who work at Am Tac are also good people. Theron is a great guy. The giveaways are awesome, but we need more hands on experience with their products as a So Cal fisherman/rod builder. Besides their turbo guides, i have almost zero experience with their guides. And So Cal saltwater fishing is tough. Hopefully I get some clients that want to try their products, but as of now, everyone is stuck with Fuji and Alps and I dont blame them.

Reactions: skrilla and plj46
    Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
    Nov 28, 2003
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Seems kind of iffy when a whole bunch of new accounts that literally joined the forum in the last couple of days all to say the same thing. Not even trying to post pics of their builds and probably will never post anything outside of agreeing to people liking amtac products.
    Picture

Upvote 0

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Lake Los Angeles, CA
    Name
    Hector Garcia
    Boat
    I need a ride.
    Bald Guy Fishing uses nothing but Am Tac. They build awesome custom stuff, but at least show some stuff before pointing out how great everything is. I get that this sub forum is sponsored by Am Tac, but guys, come on.

Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 16, 2005
    Bangkok
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    I have a badass 7465 with black ****** roller-guides. The black started peeling after the first season. Except for the guides that look like crap, the rod still looks great.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Bald Guy Fishing

Rod Builder
    Feb 23, 2021
    Chattanooga
    Name
    Derek Beamer
    Boat
    Fish and Ski
    20201006_220254.jpg

Upvote 0

Darrin Heim

American Tackle Company, Vice President/Partner
    May 15, 2007
    Oviedo, Florida
    www.americantackle.us
    Name
    Darrin Heim
    Boat
    Several
    Hi all,

Hopefully more builders will be showing and commenting here on BDO, this is an awesome platform that we are honored to sponsor and support with a reach extending well beyond SoCal. I actually urged an open invite to all builders for participation here, didn’t think anyone would mind seeing different builds or hearing from other builders and more traffic is always good. So when I see a super positive post like this on another forum I am naturally wanting it to be shared everywhere possible… And for the smallest of component companies, we sponsor and fund so many tackle and rod building resources that when I see enthusiastic praise in one place it’s nice to see that support in other venues we’ve invested as well, whether they are pro staffers, builders, or just fans. I am committed to taking an active role in participating here and in order to benefit all I believe adding positive traffic/participants however I can makes good business sense for AT, BDO, and rod building in general. So I hope all will welcome any these newbies showing up.

Thanks guys,

[email protected]

Upvote 0

Darrin Heim

American Tackle Company, Vice President/Partner
    May 15, 2007
    Oviedo, Florida
    www.americantackle.us
    Name
    Darrin Heim
    Boat
    Several
    I have a badass 7465 with black American Tackle roller-guides. The black started peeling after the first season. Except for the guides that look like crap, the rod still looks great.

Fool me once...

There are also All American Roller Guides, which are very nice rollers and finish (in my opinion), might those be from that company? The reason I ask is that we haven't sold rollers for many many years and were never big sellers anyway. But our finish was relatively thin and didn't tend to peel. We certainly don't want to fool anyone so if you could send us a pic we'd be happy to help make things right if they are ours.

[email protected]

Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 16, 2005
    Bangkok
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    None
    There are also All American Roller Guides, which are very nice rollers and finish (in my opinion), might those be from that company? The reason I ask is that we haven't sold rollers for many many years and were never big sellers anyway. But our finish was relatively thin and didn't tend to peel. We certainly don't want to fool anyone so if you could send us a pic we'd be happy to help make things right if they are ours.

[email protected]

The rod is 10-15 years old, and I think the guides might “All American Roller Guides”. I’m in Thailand now and the rod is in SoCal so taking picture would be tough.

Please accept my apologies...

Reactions: Darrin Heim
    Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    Darin, I don't think anyone really minds, I’m always happy to see new people posting their builds, how to’s, questions, etc. This board is a treasure for that, and Mr. Bald Guy is a really good builder and (a great follow on IG btw) and welcome to post here, I look forward to more of that, and would enjoy his and other input here to grow this community.

I think the snark and sarcasm was more a reply to the first post seeming more like a paid advertisement or something along those lines rather than a normal general post about a build, the components used and a maybe a more natural post like the majority of this community rolls, "hey this is why we used this stuff, we like it, you should give it a try, yes that’s cat hair in the finish".

FWIW I like a lot of the stuff you guys make, I know you guys are looking for ROI on the sponsorship of this board. I appreciate the hustle. That’s my $0.02, cheers!

Upvote 0

Latest posts