Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
Yipeeeee! I just signed up for the first 8 day trip on the American Angler. I got the last spot. They said I would have to bunk up with 2 other guys in a 3 bedroom. How is that going to be?

Not that I really care too much....causing I am going FISHING!:hali_ruahahaha:

Who else is on this trip? Roll call!

We're gonna kill em! :2gunsfiring_v1:

fishbone24

Sep 19, 2007
Westchester, NY
Name
Corey
Boat
2014 Henriques 42 HTEX "fishbone" 2016 mako 234 “lil fishbone”
i guess your out for the intrepid trip? i was looking forward to fishing with you. have fun on the angler and say hi to the crew for me, is brian running the trip? good luck,
Corey

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
3 bedroom,nice!!!!!!

Aug 10, 2008
Oceanside
Name
Nic
Boat
15'klamath, DA OTTA B BIGGA
It works out fine just board asap and get the middle bunk. If my dad 6'2" 220, my bro 6' 350, and one other at 6'4" 220 can make it work on a ten day I'm sure you will be fine. There are plenty of places to hang other than your room while traveling. I sure wish I could be going on that trip, good luck and you guys will kill them.

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
i guess your out for the intrepid trip? i was looking forward to fishing with you. have fun on the angler and say hi to the crew for me, is brian running the trip? good luck,
Corey
Hey Dr. Corey,
Yeah probably out for the Intrepid this year...but ya never know....I still needed to catch a few lessons from you. You were hands down the Jig fisherman of the trip on our trip last year. Not something I like to admit.....lightly. Good luck on your trip...our paths will cross again I am sure!

Dave:jig:

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
Do you have a guess as to what type of fish you will be catching?
My expectations for this trip would be many yellowtail....a shot at Yellowfin Tuna up to 100#'s...maybe albacore...maybe bluefin....if we hit Alijos I would really hope for a Sheephead (kidding) and a Popeye Catalufa. But above all I expect to catch a good time...meet fellow LR addicts....never think about my cube...drink some good wine....and hear some really good stories! :rofl:

huntingdad

Jul 15, 2009
camp verde az
Name
kevin presmyk
Boat
American Angler
Dave, best of luck to you. I'll be watching for the report. My son and I are on the Zuker 7 day trip june 15th. Try and make the daily ship reports very interesting for us that are home chomping at the bit for our chance.

SlideRight

Been there...
Jul 4, 2008
So Cal
Name
Lew
Boat
ss minnow
Yipeeeee! I just signed up for the first 8 day trip on the American Angler. I got the last spot. They said I would have to bunk up with 2 other guys in a 3 bedroom. How is that going to be?

Not that I really care too much....causing I am going FISHING!:hali_ruahahaha:

Who else is on this trip? Roll call!

We're gonna kill em! :2gunsfiring_v1:
Count me in too Dave - look forward to mtg you & all the rest. 3 in a 3 man rm. isn't so bad for an 8 day - did a 3 in 3 on a 10 day once & survived just fine. Have always found the A/A operation on top of their game - prolly 10 to 12 trips on her by now - 1st trip in mid 80's when she was fresh off the skids & last one about 2001 so it's been a while & am anxious for another go. Noticed 3 other boats on 7 to 8 dayers in same time frame (two leave day or two before us - one on same day & a 15 dayer that might also prospect the stones before we get a whack (if they end up in the game plan at all). With all that coverage we might be saved a long excursion for naught. We'll have a great time regardless. Hope the parking is squared away by then. See ya at the dock.

fishrman

Pura Vida!
Feb 25, 2008
Ventura County, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
none
Dave,

I am on the 8-day Catchy trip following your trip, so we hope that you guys are kind enough to leave us a few fishes to slay! 3 in a 3 person stateroom is not bad, although I like to have the 3rd bunk empty to stow all my extra gear, dirty clothes and beverages. Makes things a little nicer not to have everything crammed together. I'm sure your going to have a BLAST! Can't wait for my trip! :)

P.S. I think you have posted the wrong return date....You'll be returning on the 7th not the 5th.

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
Dave,

I am on the 8-day Catchy trip following your trip, so we hope that you guys are kind enough to leave us a few fishes to slay! 3 in a 3 person stateroom is not bad, although I like to have the 3rd bunk empty to stow all my extra gear, dirty clothes and beverages. Makes things a little nicer not to have everything crammed together. I'm sure your going to have a BLAST! Can't wait for my trip! :)

P.S. I think you have posted the wrong return date....You'll be returning on the 7th not the 5th.

HA HA...Your right. We come back on the 7th. Trying to rip my own self off by 2 days. We'll try to make the reports interesting so that you have a hard time sleeping the week prior! :idiot:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Dave, Lew: Go get 'em! I'm back out on that 7 day with Jim Hall and the rest of the gang. Got a roommate all lined up. Jim and Mark across the hall from me and Joe. Let the gin flow! Really looking forward to fishing with the Angler crew again. It's been too long, and I miss those guys.

Skipped it last year. Went on that damned 15 day. Quality problem, there.;)

otolith

Passionate Pescador
Dec 17, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
Name
Pete
Boat
The sloop "I Wish"
Dude, you'll need to stash your blow-up doll in a different place if there's three bunks.... you'll miss me snoring you to sleep this year.... man I wish I could go this year....

Corey.... I'll definately be on the Intrepid trip next year.... my sister's getting married in the UK in bloody June.... gah!

fishbone24

Sep 19, 2007
Westchester, NY
Name
Corey
Boat
2014 Henriques 42 HTEX "fishbone" 2016 mako 234 “lil fishbone”
Dude, you'll need to stash your blow-up doll in a different place if there's three bunks.... you'll miss me snoring you to sleep this year.... man I wish I could go this year....

Corey.... I'll definately be on the Intrepid trip next year.... my sister's getting married in the UK in bloody June.... gah!
That sucks pete, for me of course. Was looking forward to chatting with you about economy and healthcare. Take a look at the Roberts 9 day on the Polaris supreme in late august. Those wahoo are fun as he'll to catch, Would love to share the rail with you on that one.

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
Oh man! I just read the report from the same trip last year. Looked like limits of yellowtail to 50#'s, Yellowfin to 50#'s a bunch of Halibut and some really nice weather......66 days to go!

fishrman

Pura Vida!
Feb 25, 2008
Ventura County, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
none
On the Catchy 8-day trip last year we caught a 104 lb. yellowfin tuna and a ton of 40-60 lbers also, 2 yellertails over 70 lbs. and another yeller of over 65 lbs. (look at the AA website for the June 12 wrap-up report), plus some halibuts and other assorted species. It was a fantastic trip and I was one of the lucky ones to land the 1st albacore tunas for the AA last season. Like I said, I hope you slay them, but also leave the big units for us to tangle with! :urno1:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Thanks Steve -same back a ya! Sho nuf looks like we've got June pretty well covered on the A/A.
In the words of Ralph Mikkelsen; "Somebody has to do it."

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
oh man...the excitement builds. I just got word from Lori that I am sharing an upstares room with one other guy. Sweet! Now I will be in the center of the food and beer and fishing 24 x 7....can't wait!