big dog62

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 1, 2012
nor cal USA
Name
spanky
Boat
sac-yac
WOW!!! Had no idea there was such a downside to own'n a boat. Think I'll take that money I've been save'n for a skiff and hire a house keeper... maybe get my pickup detailed.:D

Otto

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
No theft yet. It's kinda the other way around...? They leave their shit in my boat and I just throw it away! Sunblock, pliers, rags, hats, glasses, knives, food...
They probably thought you were well compensated by leaving their junk.

Sundancer26

Apr 10, 2016
LA County
Name
Jerry
Boat
26' Sea Ray.
Funny! I posted a couple of month ago. The Good, Bad, and Ugly of ride sharing.
At that time. The only thing I was warned about was that Some of you may like to wear Speedo's . I now started the screening process for ride sharing. One thing for sure. Boating solo is consistently good if your competent at sea.

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Don't own a boat, but have similar experiences when I'm asked to include others on trips to Baja and charter down there. I have to pay for the gas, tolls, zip lck baggies, leave the tip.... One "friend" was pissed I rented a double room at the hotel for myself. Seriously, if you can't come up with $35 for your own room after making me pay for all this shit, he's definitely not going down there on my dime anymore. Shit gets old real fast. I typically fish alone now, then purposely tell him how much fish I caught after I get back.

Reactions: cortezpirasea