Strike

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 2, 2011
Olympia, WA USA
Name
Jake
Boat
Arima
Anyone have a reccomendation for a aluminum fuel tank builder in WA? I'm in the Olympia area and looking into having a belly tank made for my boat.

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Do a search of this forum . Lots of recent info on Wa builders.

hotstick

Nov 19, 2007
Murrieta
Name
Steve
Boat
24 radon , 16 radon
Ims San dimas ca send them a drawing and they will ship great work and prices

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
x2 on Rudnick, Nick and Collin are great to work with and spot on for size. You draw it, email to them and done. You could run up and pick it up 45-60 minutes saves shipping.

Reactions: FISHTALE2

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Nick and Collin might Not want to play with Gas anytime Soon. Boom.

Ballard Marine Fabrication.

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
If I understand correctly it was not a new tank build that they had an issue with was a used tank.
I would not hesitate to hire these guys again.

Reel Hooker

“Ice Melter”
Sep 9, 2013
Carnation
www.metropolitandetail.com
Name
Benjamin
Boat
Parker 2320 Long Cabin 'REEL HOOKER'
Thanks for the reccomendations. I must have missed the boom post.
there is no boom post. come on Goat is pouring salt on wound that is not a laughing matter.
So with that said, if you need a fuel tank built to size and want to know it will fit and not leak these are your dudes.

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
Rudnick Manufacturing is a company that does incredible work.. Nick and Colin are awesome and can build anything out of aluminum and it will look amazing. Even the most pickiest, detailed orientated person will not find a flaw in their work.

Last edited:
Reactions: FISHTALE2

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
Fake news Goat???? Come on man!!!!!:finger::ashamed::rofl:
Just because the news will not report the Injuries. The Evidence is in the eye of the Beholder when you look at the Young Bro the Welder boy. Broken arms and bones in the Face. Rumors and Propaganda can be put to bed if the young man showed his face. Gas is bad juju in the foam. Boom Boom out go the lights.

Jim Clack or Chris Hanson are both able to weld the Crack of Dawn up. Their Fabrication is second to none. Jim can stack dimes or drop Quarters on Aluminum, Steel, or SS. My Miss Eliza is proof positive. Gary Grady has a tank that Jim welded in my shop. Grady White supplied the Blueprint. I had the Aluminum bent and Jim welded it up by rigging it.

Fake News is ......

Kinda like The Hunter with a pipe in his mouth. The young Daughter's Diary entry stating showers with her Daddy, Send Coon's Daughter in bed. Barry's daughter in Bed with a Hunter B.

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Thanks for the recommendations. I must have missed the boom post.
Let's find out!
Is it a new tank build, or a repair?

Ducker!

Nick Rudnick

Nov 20, 2014
Edmonds
www.rudnickmfg.com
Name
Nick R
Boat
17' Aluminum Skiff
Just to clear the air of any rumors that are being spread. Yes, there was an accident at my shop involving a USED fuel tank. It was filled with water and purged with argon. The boat manufacturer had installed the wrong fittings and that resulted in fumes remaining trapped behind a baffle. The tank popped, and Colin hurt both his hands. One hand was in a splint, the other is in brace. No broken arms. He was wearing protection that prevented any more damage, and he has been at the shop for a few weeks now. We have 4 other highly skilled fabricators, so our work and contracts have continued without any issues or slow down.

I do not know how Goat is getting his information as I havent spoken to him about it, however, I have had to ask the Ballard Marine Fabricators sales rep, Brandon to leave my shop twice, after he approached one of MY customer in MY yard while I was working on my customers 42' Aluminum boat, and tried selling to him. NOT Cool. The second time was a day after the explosion when he came around trying to figure other things we had going on and I did not let him walk into my shop after the previous experience.

I hope this clears the air.

@Strike if you want a fuel tank built please feel free to call, email or pm me, I would be happy to discuss your project and work with you on it.

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Just because the news will not report the Injuries. The Evidence is in the eye of the Beholder when you look at the Young Bro the Welder boy. Broken arms and bones in the Face. Rumors and Propaganda can be put to bed if the young man showed his face. Gas is bad juju in the foam. Boom Boom out go the lights.

Jim Clack or Chris Hanson are both able to weld the Crack of Dawn up. Their Fabrication is second to none. Jim can stack dimes or drop Quarters on Aluminum, Steel, or SS. My Miss Eliza is proof positive. Gary Grady has a tank that Jim welded in my shop. Grady White supplied the Blueprint. I had the Aluminum bent and Jim welded it up by rigging it.

Fake News is ......

Kinda like The Hunter with a pipe in his mouth. The young Daughter's Diary entry stating showers with her Daddy, Send Coon's Daughter in bed. Barry's daughter in Bed with a Hunter B.
on a rip are ya bud?

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Just to clear the air of any rumors that are being spread. Yes, there was an accident at my shop involving a USED fuel tank. It was filled with water and purged with argon. The boat manufacturer had installed the wrong fittings and that resulted in fumes remaining trapped behind a baffle. The tank popped, and Colin hurt both his hands. One hand was in a splint, the other is in brace. No broken arms. He was wearing protection that prevented any more damage, and he has been at the shop for a few weeks now. We have 4 other highly skilled fabricators, so our work and contracts have continued without any issues or slow down.

I do not know how Goat is getting his information as I havent spoken to him about it, however, I have had to ask the Ballard Marine Fabricators sales rep, Brandon to leave my shop twice, after he approached one of MY customer in MY yard while I was working on my customers 42' Aluminum boat, and tried selling to him. NOT Cool. The second time was a day after the explosion when he came around trying to figure other things we had going on and I did not let him walk into my shop after the previous experience.

I hope this clears the air.

@Strike if you want a fuel tank built please feel free to call, email or pm me, I would be happy to discuss your project and work with you on it.
Wow! Glad he is ok.

I am curious and not questioning what you did or how you did it in any way!I have worked on a couple of tanks and after flushing as you did and had one pop, but it was so minor it just basically burped, but made us jump!

the last couple I worked on we actually set up a hose and ran auto exhaust and left it running while working on the tank.

So here’s the question: The baffles in the tanks I worked on had large enough cut outs for the fuel to pass that I don’t see how fumes would hide behind them due to wrong fittings from the manufacturer.

Again, not questioning to say you did anything wrong. Accidents can happen even when taking steps to be safe. I am just curious about the fittings effecting the vapors. Educational opportunity not scrutiny on you. Thanks!

Fish_on!

Feb 17, 2015
Oly
Name
Ben
Boat
18' Super Vee

Fake News is ......

Aren’t you the guy that can’t tell how deep it is and put your boat in the shop from your inabilities to navigate?

• Wow
Reactions: goatram and Swede

Nick Rudnick

Nov 20, 2014
Edmonds
www.rudnickmfg.com
Name
Nick R
Boat
17' Aluminum Skiff
Wow! Glad he is ok.

I am curious and not questioning what you did or how you did it in any way!I have worked on a couple of tanks and after flushing as you did and had one pop, but it was so minor it just basically burped, but made us jump!

the last couple I worked on we actually set up a hose and ran auto exhaust and left it running while working on the tank.

So here’s the question: The baffles in the tanks I worked on had large enough cut outs for the fuel to pass that I don’t see how fumes would hide behind them due to wrong fittings from the manufacturer.

Again, not questioning to say you did anything wrong. Accidents can happen even when taking steps to be safe. I am just curious about the fittings effecting the vapors. Educational opportunity not scrutiny on you. Thanks!
These baffles were solid rectangles, with an air gap at the bottom and a small hole on the top. There was a vent that connected each end of the tank, one was plugged, so it didnt vent, and the tank wasnt 100% level. Other issues were going on with the boat too such as the builder ran 1/2" NPT fittings and cranked down the 5/8" vent hose with hose clamps. We never rush into a fuel tank project, and we double checked everything. We will still weld on used ones, Colin said he would do it again, we are just getting marine chemists involved.

We are just thankful it wasnt worse. Lessons were learned that we wont forget!

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
These baffles were solid rectangles, with an air gap at the bottom and a small hole on the top. There was a vent that connected each end of the tank, one was plugged, so it didnt vent, and the tank wasnt 100% level. Other issues were going on with the boat too such as the builder ran 1/2" NPT fittings and cranked down the 5/8" vent hose with hose clamps. We never rush into a fuel tank project, and we double checked everything. We will still weld on used ones, Colin said he would do it again, we are just getting marine chemists involved.

We are just thankful it wasnt worse. Lessons were learned that we wont forget!
Thanks for the info, and glad he is on the mend!

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Another endorsement here for Rudnick Mfg, very easy to work with and great quality.

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Nick's a standup dude. I wouldn't hesitate to get any work done at his shop. Ignore the goat, he's been huffing argon again.

Reactions: goatram