Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Not trying to start a war here, but I have weight Fuji TiSIC vs regular SIC total weight difference not that much. Am I correct to assume TI vs Non-TI regardless of brand “weight difference” not that much?

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Well guides in general don’t weight “that much” to begin with, so the % difference is pretty large, but the weight savings in ounces will be not a lot. That being said. If you had a #25 SS guide and a Titanium one in your hand you would have no problem telling which is which, its significantly different. It’s about half the weight.

Reactions: Explorer1

Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Thank you Both :-)

so the code TIGMXNZG Is Titanium? Looking at a rod that I might buy later just curious is they are .

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I'm pretty sure that Ti is the code for titanium frames and I think the ZG at the end means zirconium rings. That's just off the top of my head. I think the main thing about titanium is not so much about the weight but more that they won't corrode from salt water.

x-man

May 28, 2005
Rancho Penasquitos
Name
Rick
Boat
17' invader center console
Didn’t find TIGMXNZG in the Batson catalog . I think you mean TIMXNZG. The TI does stand for titanium, the ZG is for the Zirconium ring and the M is for medium weight. According to the catalog they are supposed to be 40% lighter than non Titanium medium weight guides

Mtnfshr

Nov 20, 2011
Thornton
Name
Chuck Mc
Boat
none
Try reading the post down from this one on Alps guides. It may clear things up for you on the nomenclature issue.

Batson-Brands

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 14, 2014
Sequim
www.batsonenterprises.com
Name
James
Boat
Hallet
Yes that is the Titanium part number for MXN guides.

As others have stated Titanium is all about no corrosion. On saltwater rods, especially with long grips, and reel and line your not going to notice a difference in weight The weight reduction is more noticeable on bass rods where they want everything as lightweight as can be.

paul708

Jan 31, 2006
DELCO, Pa
Name
paul
Boat
no
Didn’t find TIGMXNZG in the Batson catalog . I think you mean TIMXNZG. The TI does stand for titanium, the ZG is for the Zirconium ring and the M is for medium weight. According to the catalog they are supposed to be 40% lighter than non Titanium medium weight guides
The titanium ZG are nice.

7396DB13-F193-4DC6-A0B7-2EEF2A0672E5.jpeg

Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Just got a few rods that’s ALPS have not seen the water yet (thank you COVID-19). Just found out the good plated, the plated part is not as durable LOL, let hope underneath is SS material and stay rust proof:-)
The shiny part there is not the light reflecting, it’s the gold plated part coming off before seeing the water:p
ALPS IGXHZG 316 gold plating guide
66B696B9-615C-4715-BDC5-B7185EEC7404.jpeg

Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
As long as it doesn’t rust or affect fishing in any ways, technically I don’t care since it comes with the rod. But definitely something to remember not to buy gold plated (any brand) if I am custom building one. Not to mention the SS looking color looks lot better (to me :-) )