Alps lxn for 20 lb rod

yeaaa_chris

Oct 2, 2013
Miami, Fl USA
Name
Chris
Boat
Cold Chillin
like the title says. with Fuji getting rid of black and chrome frames, it seems like I am looking elsewhere and trying other brands these days. Seems like alps are popular on here and wondering if anyone is using the lxn frames on 20 lb set ups. Are they too light?

Upvote 0

T.Bui

I have no beliefs, I joined for the violence.
Feb 21, 2012
Castro Valley
Name
Bui
Boat
Warfighter
I used mxn’s on my last 20# rod. Wrapping another 20# with mxn’s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Capt Richie

Atlantic Custom Tackle
Aug 10, 2008
nassau NY
Name
Richie
Boat
32 albe
From what I found out Fuji had to change their paint ,,hope they come back soon..

The new finish I saw has what looks to be a clear coating over the painted one ..

Upvote 0

SergeyS

Oct 8, 2020
Huntington Beach
charkbait.com
Name
Sergey Smith
Boat
Imaginary
The LXN's should be fine for 20lb but if you wanted to be safe the MXN aren't much bigger or heavier. I'd also consider the MXN Lowrider guides depending on what you're doing, I've been liking them a lot for faster action blanks.

Reactions: Bill Batson
Upvote 0

yeaaa_chris

Oct 2, 2013
Miami, Fl USA
Name
Chris
Boat
Cold Chillin
The LXN's should be fine for 20lb but if you wanted to be safe the MXN aren't much bigger or heavier. I'd also consider the MXN Lowrider guides depending on what you're doing, I've been liking them a lot for faster action blanks.

I haven't seen these before. They look awesome, and very similar to the fuji MN that I generally use. Will probably end up ordering a set of both the LXN's and lowrider MXN and see which set up I like more.

Reactions: Bill Batson
Upvote 0