Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Hi ALL,
Bought a rod that came with these guides. Google it but not much I can find to compare. I only have 5 saltwater jigging rods (rest are freshwater), and they all came with Fuji SIC or Alconite. So I am curious to hear from anglers that used these before. The good ...the bad....etc. Not here to start a Brand War, just want to know the facts before I hit the water with it. Will be jigging 400-600grams jig with it.

Thank you.

ALPS IGXHZG 316 gold plating guide rings

Batson-Brands

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 14, 2014
Sequim
www.batsonenterprises.com
Name
James
Boat
Hallet
That is a factory direct part number from ALPS for the HXN guides, heavy boat guides. So yes it's more than up to the task for 400-600 gram jig

Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Not trying to challenge you just trying to learn:) How did you figure that out? I don’t see HXN anywhere in the IGXHZG You have a place to check this? Enlighten me please ?:D

Batson-Brands

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 14, 2014
Sequim
Name
James
Boat
Hallet
Not trying to challenge you just trying to learn:) How did you figure that out? I don’t see HXN anywhere in the IGXHZG You have a place to check this? Enlighten me please ?:D
Do you have a photo of it to post? Then I can verify but yes we obviously work directly with ALPS. ALPS quite often has different part numbers than we do when they sell direct to rod manufacturers overseas. We have a different system for how we create those part numbers. But what we have based on that number says HXN.

Batson-Brands

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 14, 2014
Sequim
Name
James
Boat
Hallet
Yep that's definitely an ALPS guide from the XN series with SS316 steel. It's probably something that done specifically for that rod company (we don't stock it in that color).

Reactions: Explorer1

Explorer1

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 6, 2019
Toronto
Name
San
Boat
None
Yep that's definitely an ALPS guide from the XN series with SS316 steel. It's probably something that done specifically for that rod company (we don't stock it in that color).

Sorry One more question. They look about the same in term of Fuji K guides shape wise..... those that “anti-tangle” type. Are the AntiTangle?

Batson-Brands

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 14, 2014
Sequim
Name
James
Boat
Hallet
Nope it's a ALPS guide for sure, typical design. It's not necessarily tangle free but does have the smooth finish of legs to ring frame. It's pretty rare that line gets tangled around a guide anyway it's normally the tip top.

Reactions: Explorer1