FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Ran wnw 60 miles till I hit a sharp temp break, trolled wnw till we found them. 20 fish mostly with bait, all from one school.

bite dropped at 1ish and we had lunch and ran home:).

a beautiful sunny smooth day on the pond, although we took a little beating rolling out of here at 0500.

No pigs, medium to smaller but the bait stops were hectic with the three of us:)

a great time was had by all, zero other boats to be seen all day long.

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat Name
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    Ran wnw 60 miles till I hit a sharp temp break, trolled wnw till we found them. 20 fish mostly with bait, all from one school.

bite dropped at 1ish and we had lunch and ran home:).

a beautiful sunny smooth day on the pond, although we took a little beating rolling out of here at 0500.

No pigs, medium to smaller but the bait stops were hectic with the three of us:)

a great time was had by all, zero other boats to be seen all day long.
    Were you using dead bait or is there live bait in Westport?

Reactions: A-K
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Great report and 20 tuna...NO PICS?
    The gang likes pics, bloody decks here!!

BEEF.jpg

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    20 fish on dead bait by 1:00 is pretty hot fishing. Well done!!!
    We hit a double on troll, converted bait and picked up 4 more, circled back and picked up another troll, converted to bait for 6, kept working the same method and exact spot till we the bite died off and we headed back with full fish boxes and a happy day!

I chose this spot based on RipCharts and the fact that i didn’t want to run to central Oregon, ha ha

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    Last edited:

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    The truth is the older I get the fewer pictures I take, I should do better but then I’m fishing I’m busy, unless there is something remarkable I don’t take pictures. Just took this one because it was his first time tuna fishing.

a great memory from this trip was one one troll hookup I stopped the boat and there was a ton of fish under the boat so I started yelling “get bait in the water get bait in the water!!” Then I went back and started clearing the other rods, I was reeling in a plain cedar plug and about 8 feet behind the boat I see a tuna come up from behind it open his mouth and bam! He grabs it and takes off! Boom! First time that has happened for me! One for the books! It turned out to be a peanut:)

A-K
    A-K
    That's a good feeling.

I let out a cedar plug on the troll a couple years back. Soon I as I engaged the lever drag....BOOM little albie hit it so hard.... WOOT!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0