Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
1BCD0FCB-A626-4A3C-9B24-E2BECF1188C5.jpeg

Had too good of an offer to sell Feral. She will be moving from Float 12 to 10. Right in front of SlapShot 👍Much shorter walk from @carrie's bait boy ’s place :). We get to continue to crew on her and SlapShot until our new Feral is done. Tough to beat that deal.
70CA1BA3-B608-4F7B-86B6-E45F8CDA199F.jpeg

We are only making a few big mods, the rest are little personal tweaks.
1) bumped from 600 to 700 hp. Not because it needs it, but WTF not??? Hahahaha. And, it’ll give future clients an idea on efficiency and speed difference between the hp options. Reality is, our ocean rarely allows >32 knot travel for our size of boat, so we will just run even more efficiently at the slower 25-30 knots. Then, when fitting, we will spin em up to 6,300 rpm and see what that gets us. Currently, 39 knots (45 mph) is max fully loaded in the ocean. If I can get a deal on hydraulic jackplates, I’ll add them.

2) smaller cuddy. We have no need for a queen bed. Never even slept in her anyway. Going to try to remove 2’ of cuddy and make a single berth going into each sponson. Walk into cuddy, turn either way, slide feet 3-4’ aft I nto sponson, keep chest and head in the higher cuddy area. Retain a flush head.

3) I really want to find a way to get at least 2 more forward facing seats, but that will spin 90° inward too. Face forward while running and sideways while trolling. Plus 2 more seats that can face inward or aft. Gotta have seating for 6 inside the cabin. I also don’t want a huge cabin taking up rear cockpit space. Totally up for ideas folks!

Keeping the dropdown curtain. We loved having the full opening once we got to the fishing grounds.
52411D73-BF57-4991-938C-FE05654710B5.jpeg

We are looking forward to getting into the nit-picky details.

The downside is that quality builders are booooooked out. We won’t see this one until early 2023 :(.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
That escalated quickly...

Smaller cuddy? Don't you like sleeping on boats? Have you tried? I always loved coming down and sleeping on the boat in the harbor personally and I don't even have no queen bed!

Loved the feral cat. My only complaint about the big aluminum cats (and some people may find this as a benefit) is thst the decks are so high up off the water.

Free board is good but I like to be close to the water and not need a 12ft net to get a fish. I like low gunwales although some do not. Just my thoughts.

Other than that, don't change....

Reactions: wdlfbio
wdlfbio
wdlfbio
I hated sleeping in the marina. Damn sea lions barking all night…. Plus, we have a little lot in town with a travel trailer. There’s a chance for sleeping while running up Vancouver Island in the future, so I do want the 2 single berths. But even then, sleep on the boat one night, then in a lodge/hotel a night or two…

and that’s very sweet of you to love me just how I am
1634188529337.png
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Nisshin Maru

Almost A Member
  • Apr 30, 2018
    Shoreline
    Name
    Nisshin Maru
    Boat
    24 TJ Pilot
    View attachment 1326446

Had too good of an offer to sell Feral. She will be moving from Float 12 to 10. Right in front of SlapShot 👍Much shorter walk from @carrie's bait boy ’s place :). We get to continue to crew on her and SlapShot until our new Feral is done. Tough to beat that deal.
    View attachment 1326447
    We are only making a few big mods, the rest are little personal tweaks.
    1) bumped from 600 to 700 hp. Not because it needs it, but WTF not??? Hahahaha. And, it’ll give future clients an idea on efficiency and speed difference between the hp options. Reality is, our ocean rarely allows >32 knot travel for our size of boat, so we will just run even more efficiently at the slower 25-30 knots. Then, when fitting, we will spin em up to 6,300 rpm and see what that gets us. Currently, 39 knots (45 mph) is max fully loaded in the ocean. If I can get a deal on hydraulic jackplates, I’ll add them.

2) smaller cuddy. We have no need for a queen bed. Never even slept in her anyway. Going to try to remove 2’ of cuddy and make a single berth going into each sponson. Walk into cuddy, turn either way, slide feet 3-4’ aft I nto sponson, keep chest and head in the higher cuddy area. Retain a flush head.

3) I really want to find a way to get at least 2 more forward facing seats, but that will spin 90° inward too. Face forward while running and sideways while trolling. Plus 2 more seats that can face inward or aft. Gotta have seating for 6 inside the cabin. I also don’t want a huge cabin taking up rear cockpit space. Totally up for ideas folks!

Keeping the dropdown curtain. We loved having the full opening once we got to the fishing grounds.
    View attachment 1326445

We are looking forward to getting into the nit-picky details.

The downside is that quality builders are booooooked out. We won’t see this one until early 2023 :(.
    Bigger bow pulpit?

wdlfbio
    wdlfbio
    Haaaaa. The anchor is coming off the boat👍 The new trailer will have a better positioned ladder too 😂😂
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Emz

someone check my bait while I go....
  • Mar 13, 2008
    Bothell, WA
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Defiance 250 (Doris Ann), Wellcraft 26 (Doug Out) Whaler 16 SL (Bull Pen) Livingston 8 (Short Stop)
    congrats! some year, you'll stick with a boat and do winter maintenance. Lucky Dog!

Upvote 0

Pipejumper

Dec 17, 2014
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    22' Alumaweld Intruder
    Can’t picture your seating challenge but White Pointer boats in NZ has a pretty slick design to make the cabin and deck come together for fishing and closing up for running/moored.

They sort of show it in their 10.5 LOA custom cruiser video if you watch the entire video http://www.whitepointerboats.co.nz/movie.html

Basically glass that does up and down on one side, a bi fold door in the middle and a little deck chair on the aft deck.

Seems to be about the smartest way I’ve seen to have an open fishable boat with the comfort of a cabin.

Reactions: WaveDancer
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Minimum offset. Not concerned about moving the motors away, it’ll be long enough already. Just want to lift the motor vertically, instead of trimming at an angle. Decrease drag and increase efficiency. Well, and play with another cool gizmo :)

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    wow, surprised on the the suzuki df350's with the issues people have been having.
    We thought long and hard about the Mercury V8 300s. I love the grip of those duoprop, from backing up, to turning in very tight quarters, to even mashing the throttles when already at 4,400 rpm and feeling SlapShot lunge forward. They can only do better on our smaller, lighter cat. I’m hoping that using Boostane, to bump the octane up to 90-91, instead of running just the 87 from the dock, will keep them from blowing up…🤞 The manual says at least 89.

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    Just saying.....
    or
    Be bold, be forward thinking, be a PNW innovator. Just think of all the buzzz you and Allied would get. It's only money. Of course I'm biased toward diesel. Hopefully I don't regret it with the Volvo in the future but all is good for now.

I was reading an account where a guy replaced his three Yamaha 300's with three Cox diesel on an Invincible CC. There was a small amount of top end speed loss probably from the weight but a huge gain in fuel savings.

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup
    Minimum offset. Not concerned about moving the motors away, it’ll be long enough already. Just want to lift the motor vertically, instead of trimming at an angle. Decrease drag and increase efficiency. Well, and play with another cool gizmo :)
    Let me know if you need me to come up with sumpin. We have pallets...

20211014_113746.jpg

Upvote 0

A-K

• Jun 14, 2015
    Gig Harbor Washington
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I joined bloody decks in 2015 and I think you’ve had a new boat every year I’ve been a member 🤣.

I remember seeing the Lumacat at Westport and thought that was a pretty slick boat. But it seems like cats have more freeboard than mono hull. Probably a bit more challenging to kick a fish off at the rail. But WTF sounds like a 1st world problem 😂.

Congrats!

wdlfbio
    wdlfbio
    Lumacat was a nice boat! I brought many of the things we designed in that for Feral 1.👍 We want to be taller in the water to allow more room under the tunnel for the water to run through. Gives us more air cushion. And, we have no problems kicking fish off at the rail. I usually take care of that with crappy netting attempts 😂.
    Reactions: A-K
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    Oct 16, 2020
    Sitka, AK
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jonathan
    Boat
    27' Maple Bay Trawler, hopefully a fast tin can soon
    We thought long and hard about the Mercury V8 300s. I love the grip of those duoprop, from backing up, to turning in very tight quarters, to even mashing the throttles when already at 4,400 rpm and feeling SlapShot lunge forward. They can only do better on our smaller, lighter cat. I’m hoping that using Boostane, to bump the octane up to 90-91, instead of running just the 87 from the dock, will keep them from blowing up…🤞 The manual says at least 89.
    Why not twin 425s?

wdlfbio
    wdlfbio
    Money, weight, money, totally over-over kill, money hahahaha. We just don’t have enough good days where we could run as fast as the 425s would allow. Outside of the occasional shotgun start, we’ll rarely even open up the 350s fully.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
    Aug 10, 2008
    Lacey WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
    When you run aground with the 350's, those props are gonna cost a lot more than the 300's.... Just sayin.

425's for the win... You'll get your money back on resale when you flip the boat in 2024.
    Those 350's are gonna be the new E-Tec's when it comes to re-sale value

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    When you run aground with the 350's, those props are gonna cost a lot more than the 300's.... Just sayin.

425's for the win... You'll get your money back on resale when you flip the boat in 2024.
    Those 350's are gonna be the new E-Tec's when it comes to re-sale value
    Anyone remind you, recently, that you’re a pecker head 😂

36723691-1925-4A54-A83F-4259F153C411.jpeg

2D72C6B4-DE1C-44A8-9CC8-9CC243F1BAEB.jpeg

6545DF06-7AD7-4DD1-A00B-0B2B9D389A4E.jpeg

7FCD295E-3F24-4DD2-B740-54302577D65A.jpeg

88528715-279C-4579-8F32-256C7817AAFE.jpeg

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    So do you still have commercial dreams for the next rig? I like Kim’s idea regarding being an early adopter for the OXE diesels. Definitely would set you apart. Seems like the build could be modified to take the extra weight.

KimH
    KimH
    Texas Outboard Diesel on Facebook has a bunch of info on the Cox. Interesting reading scrolling down through the page to where they swap the Yamaha 300's for the Cox. A bunch of test results on the page. Seems like good fuel savings. Early on when they swapped the Yamaha's out there was a loss of around 3 or 4 mph top end but it's a boat that does 50+ so no big deal.

But....I'm sure it's a bunch of coin.
    Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    This new one deserves a much better name than Feral 2.

"The Bitch"

"The Dog"

"Cur"

"The Wretch"

Mutt?

"THE MISTRESS"
    MIST EQUALS RAIN
    STRESS is comes from not fishing

Can't be worse than FERAL

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    I love the name feral cat. The only name I thought equally fitting and more specific was "Jetty Cat" in honor of the rabid hordes of malnourished kitties that inhabit the jetty and rock sea wall

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    IMHO, it would have been very informative to have redacted the sales invoice a different way. Hide the buyer info instead of the cost.

I'm sure many folks are genuinely interested to have an idea what it really costs to order such a boat... but I get it... you got a great deal and you may not be able to spill the beans per agreement with the mfg.

Upvote 0

Latest posts