mowitlow

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
my dad and i and a couple of buds want to go albie/tuna fishing and were thinking we could get a good deal if we drove to ensenadas and hooked up with some local fishermen.
does anyone have any advice or suggestions for us?there would be 3 or 4 of us going.what could we expect to spend on the fishing per day?
thanks for any help,
Ron

YellowTail310

Jul 28, 2006
Name
G
Boat
None

ARTURO

Mar 6, 2006
Downey, CA / Punta Chivato
Name
Arturo
Boat
22ft.Striper
Hey Ron when were you planing on going? Friends of mine are gona make a Run down there tonight, Fish till about 1 or 2 pm Tuesday be home around 9 or 10 hopefully with some Yellos.. Might have room for two heads. Figure about $75.00 to $100.00 each should get you in.
Let me know.

rrpescador

Jun 14, 2007
Garden Grove
Name
Roger
Boat
21' Seapro
Get a hold of Louie Prieto the boats its 4 reels an the boat is a 23ft parker top notch boat he stays out pretty much all day none of that bullshitting you hear from alot of captains an he will put you on fish he also has a bar across from fishing docks the names TEQUILAS BAR AN GRILL great food an drinks. www its 4 reels .com the bar is ensenada sportsbar.com #626 226-7908. he lives in ens. full time. free internet an calls to US

YellowTail310

Jul 28, 2006
Name
G
Boat
None
Don't deal with Jay at Ensenada.com. He still owes me $167 from a trip last summer that he canceled.

Mike, J still hasn't gotten back to you? He is definitely on my blacklist.

mowitlow

Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
thanks for the all info. boys!
good stuff!!
hey arturo thanks for the invite buddy,but i need at least a day or two to work on the wife!
i appreciate it tho!

theBajabum

Feb 17, 2005
Ensenada
ensenada-sportfishing.com
Name
Jay
Boat
Selena 32' Luhrs Customized
Responding to Fish bucks spam

A check was sent out.
Recap to fish bucks fine comments
I have never sold open party spots on my boat, but last year several groups had booked Selena and then had people in their party dropped out. So, rather than saying "TO BAD, IT’s YOUR CHARTER" I tried to help by posting on boards to fill spots for my clients. Fishbuck was one of those people and he bought two tickets for $320 not counting a $4 cc fee. The trip was canceled because the port was closed due to weather. Nobody could have fished in Ensenada that day from a boat.

So, I scheduled a trip for myself and invited fishbuck to come to cover what I owed him. He showed up solo and we killed over 30 tuna that day and he was happy. We agreed he could just go again another time for his son not showing up.

Three weeks ago he called and wanted me to book a panga for him on a Sunday. It was Friday and I was on the road to Ensenada and said I would handle it. He didn’t book online but since I knew him, I said it was cool, just pay when you get there. He called several times asking about the fish counts. At 9pm Saturday night he canceled because he didn't thing the bite was hot enough. This kind of thing puts a lot of pressure between the boat owners and myself. I told Jorge of Wahoo pangas that this guy was OK and he pulled at the 11th hour after not putting up a deposit. I spent $90 on cell calls with fishbuck Friday night and all day Saturday listening to him talk about bait and how the bite may be on Sunday. I realized that the one ticket for $160 was never going to work out because he was so sketchy on when he wanted to fish that the odds of him going on my boat when I planned to fish were slim and none because I only go when the boat is not booked.

He turned drama fish queen and really, I see no future in doing business with someone that can’t make up their mind till the 11th hour. I understand where he in coming from wanting to jump on when the bite hits. Try doing what he did to anyone and I’m sure they would feel jacked. He is better off just driving to the docks and the last minute and jumping on a boat that could use another person.
I refunded his money to him. Mexico does not need any more drama stories to hurt business. The Media has made people think there are bullets flying as soon as you cross the border. If Buck fish didn’t get his check in a timely manner, he could have called. He never had a problem before calling me. Instead he pulls off a post like he did and I am getting calls and emails about it.

Buck, you have too much time on your hands. Go fishing or something.

Its 4 Reel

Nov 2, 2005
Ensenada Baja Mexico
www.its4reels.com
Name
Capt. Louie Prieto
Boat
23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
I personally know J and he would never intentionally do anything to undermine all the work that he does in promoting Ensenada and its sportfishing. Especially for $167. I saw J that weekend taking multiple calls from fishbuck and fishbuck bailed at the last minute. Those are the facts and a lot of you guys know me and I would never chime in unless I knew first hand what was really going on. J has been booking charters here in Ensenada for many years and this is the first negative post that I have seen regarding his operation. With that said no matter how hard you work there will always be someone or somebody that will not be happy with your efforts but don't judge an entire operation of satisfied customers because of one unsatisfied one.