Ali Saves The Year - YFT On The Tuna Jihad!!!

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Saved the year for me at least. :hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

Just a quick report and will let the pictures do the rest.

Vince and I did a trip with Ali last year and he was nice enough to bring us back down this year to fish his boat, Tuna Jihad.

Expectations weren't high but anything would be better than my last trip. Plus with the two little kids no time to fish offshore much these days.

So this was my last chance of the season to put tuna in the boat and Ali did not disappoint.

Found nice schools of smaller fish boiling and jumping but they were skiddish and we couldn't get them to go. Kept moving and finding fish. Finally Brett got a nice 25lb YFT to the boat.

Moved to some cleaner water and found some dolphin. Ali marked fish and Brett set up the chum. Didn't turn the boat on again until we headed in. Fish all around the boat. Had a couple quad hook-ups going. After that is was a steady pick on nice 25-35lb fish.

We went 16 for 17 on hookups. Fish would move in into our chum and stayed with us for the next 2-3 hours. Putting on a nice show the whole time. All fish caught on 5-6" sardines. Left them playing since we had more than enough tuna in the kill bag.

Brett getting it started.

Vince with a tuna.

Me with a tuna. Went 4 for 4. Thanks Ali for saving my year!

Tuna Deck on the Tuna Jihad!

Great to meet you Brett and a big thanks to you Ali!!!!!

Can't wait to do it again next year.

j

PS. We all agreed the fishing was much better without Jason aka misuse on the boat.

kdrouet

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
Dude
Boat
M40 Knight and Carver
Nice haul. I hope that pretty deck cleaned up nicely.

Triple555

Captain
Aug 3, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Name
Justin
Boat
23 Seaswirl "Seasquirrel"
WTG boys!!! Glad Ali "saved the year" for you Scribby and Vince got to pull on some tuna!! Awesome trip!! Weather looks horrible!! ;):jig:

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
That was a blast guys. We will do it again for sure.

Yes, the SeaDek looked like new after normal clean up. I'm loving this stuff.

oniedab

Fishing is there anything else?
Jul 17, 2009
visalia/ca/Tulare
Name
mike hagans
Boat
28ft Grady White Sailfish
Sweet, now a little Intel? Not looking for GPS, but a little idea of where?

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Sweet, now a little Intel? Not looking for GPS, but a little idea of where?
Fished out of SD. As far as location, Ali can chime in on that. I was just a passenger. :hali_olutta:

Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke
Great trip, I could use one like that too

Fishmaniac

3rd Gen Born and Raised in SoCal
Jun 26, 2006
Fallbrook
Name
Tom
Boat
24 foot SkipJack
Awesome! Hoping to have the same luck tomorrow. Bringing 3 scoops of bait and light lines. The water/weather conditions should be real nice again out there too!

T Shark

Jun 15, 2007
So Cal
Name
Michael
Boat
My Medication
Great trip and nice pics

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Frickin Awesome !!! That Ali is the real deal no doubt !!!

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
What a great trip, I could've stayed there all day, but the kill bag couldn't hold anymore fish. Thanks again to Ali!! Ali & Brett are some fishy MoFo's!! I can't wait to get out there again with you guys...HOOK-UP!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Northeastfshman

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
Guys,

We fished off north county San Diego about 15 miles out. Find the blue water and look for birds or dolphin. These all came on a school we pulled off a smaller dolphin pod. Bring lots of chum.

Most fish were caught on 20# floro and a 1/0 mustad demon circle. When they were really fired up, Brett had them eating the 40# no problem.

Tons of fish still out there. We had blow ups and free swimmers all over the boat.

Go get'um.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Is that spider man in the 2nd picture?

Great meeting you Vincie and Jason it's always great to be on the boat with people that want to be there as much you do.

Find that edge of the green and blue water (It's a hard edge) and work the line. You'll find the fish.

Thanks Ali!

GET THEM!

PS Can't say enough good things about the Sea Deck. Ali's floors needed new non skid - he put the Sea Deck in instead. Haven't slipped once since he put it on not to mention it's good cushion when standing all day. Figured the downside was going to be cleaning.

Boat looked like OJ Murder Scene at one point with all the blood sitting in the sun. Was shocked it all sprayed right off and didn't tint the Sea Deck like it would normal gel coat. Was actually easier to clean. Really like it.

Capitola2014

Jul 23, 2014
Name
Jim
Boat
17.5 Edgewater
I was on the Top Gun 80 last week. We had the same thing happen to us. Nice fish.