Dan Salazar

Aug 23, 2014
Costa Mesa
Name
Dan Salazar
Boat
Rum Runner
Decided to make an afternoon run from Newport to West End of Catalina
Had heard nachos may still have squid decided to run to their bait barge only to find they had sold out of squid got it a scoop of sardines
Made the run across is channel starting at 4 got there at 7:30 rather rough
Picked up nice inside Mooring got a good shower and great dinner at The Reef
In the morning found that 75% of the bait a Rolled but headed over to west side of ArrowPointe set up and about a hundred and twenty feet of water
Lot of boats kept coming and going including the Sporty's we finally got them to go on The Chew went to 2 for 3 on fly line sardines
Headed to Avalon being told there was a squid boat No Such Thing ended up in a nice Mooring. People are getting ready for the 4th of July already crowded

20190702_120107.jpg 20190702_152323.jpg

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Fantastic Dan Salazar. Living the dream at 68. Hope I can do the same when i grow up; i'm 8 years away.

Upvote 0

WilliamL

Aug 1, 2018
HB
Name
Jay
Boat
21 WA, nothing special
Well done! Wish I would have stayed in one spot. I went over this morning out of HB, small dines scoop from nachos, cross was a bit brutal, thought we were going to get some offshore winds, pretty much straight south it seemed like, lost a lot of bait by the time I got to Empire, looked around for birds or any action, saw few boats, everyone kept moving around, ended up dropping a couple xraps for a while, south of whites all the way past avalon for nothing, headed back to frog rock, saw some nice current and clear blue water, no one around, thought it was going to turn on, started marking what looked like yellows, started chumming as much as possible, a ton of legal calicos mauled the rest of my bait before I had a chance at any yellows, but super fun pulling on some nice calicos.

Reactions: G-DUB
Upvote 0

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
Nice report but what about the alcohol and autopilot I had visions of boats on the rocks slightly stirred.

Upvote 0