drumford

gotta go babe!
Sep 20, 2010
C.M. CA
Name
Dondo
Boat
Cory's Rig
Simple explanation. I would rather target the bft than the little chickens.
That being said, I think we won't see albies in the socal bight in the near future.
Now marlin are another story......

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
They where here in '99/'20 ....

IMG_2288.JPG
Fukushima....... killed the spawn ...

My kids are all grown up now.

IMG_2055.JPG

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
There were 2 confirmed Albacore caught here last year. And after each lots of folks here thought the 2ND coming of Christ was on the way even though they were single solitary lost souls. Would either of them satisfy your criteria here or does it have to start a sustained season?

My money says SOMEONE will catch an Albacore or two sooner or later this year. But an actual season? Nope, ain't gonna happen. If it is just a fish or two, who gives a shit what day it happens on?
If only 1 albacore is caught this year,it is what it is.If someone picked that date...winner winner chicken dinner.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Can we agree on So Cal? Marina Del Rey to San Diego Fleet?

I think its very possible that they could show up outside Cortez or down on the dumper. However I do not think the San Juan seamount counts. needs to be below the channel Islands?

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Donald W. Clarke III
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
No, you cain't go swimmin' in an albacore pool,
But you can be happy if you've a mind to.

From a landing fishing Southern California bight (including spots south of border), not including Rodriguez Seamount, June 30.

Think I have a Newell trolling jig bobbing around somewhere. Never used!

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Reactions: bparker1225
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
Can we agree on So Cal? Marina Del Rey to San Diego Fleet?

I think its very possible that they could show up outside Cortez or down on the dumper. However I do not think the San Juan seamount counts. needs to be below the channel Islands?
lets say any albacore caught south of 33.00 line.

Reactions: sealskinner
Upvote 0

caballo del mar

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 4, 2004
San Diego,CA
Name
Doug
Boat
32' Amato cabin
Remember when a girl caught an albacore off Clarion Island then went missing on the way to Cabo. I also remember when they were catching Albacore off Cabo and the Mexican fisherman had never seen one.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
and it will still be boring.....
LOL.Half the reason I started this thread was because I was bored...sittin around...drinkin and thinkin about fishing.
Can I get a show of hands please?Who is here right now thinkin and drinkin about fishing...:cheers: :food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::food-smiley-014::hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Talked to a couple old commercial fishermen today. They spend alot of time farther out. They think we might see albies this year.

Upvote 0