KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
I'm not sure if the link will work, it does for me but I subscribe to the magazine. It is kind of an short interesting article regarding albacore. The one statement which is the reason I'm posting this is there is a theory every 30 years the migration "Might" flip from the N Pacific to the S Pacific. Yikes!!! Of course the whole premiss is the result of one single tagged fish. Interesting anyway.

https://www.nationalfisherman.com/w...2Y1dzTGp5dGRSRE54MVpwbFwvXC9WT1ZDOXN2amgifQ==

Reactions: Mo and sgwill122

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Just remember, if the season is slow this year it’s ALL your fault!

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Interesting read, thanks for posting. Hope he is wrong but at least he has a guess which is more than I have. He finishes the article commenting the South Pacific fishery is starting the year off well.

Reactions: FVSerenity

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
“fell below 2017 landings and below the 20-year average in 2018“

20 year dip? No, fell below the 20 year average. As a matter of fact, probably 10 of the last 20 years were below the average.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Jeebus. Can there be more unfounded supposition?

Fowlplay

Well-Known "Member"
May 20, 2009
Longview, WA
Name
Mitchell
Boat
Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
The water is shaping up like it used to when tuna were easy to catch and not long runs for the sport fleet. The last 2 years were crap but the initial push of water the last two years swung into southern Oregon and they did really well. This year is looking like the pockets are going to setup around garibaldi or ilwaco. We do not have that warm blob sitting out front and the north wind machine has not let up for a month. The bad years we had a lot of calm water and southern winds leading up to July in May and June. Another bonus is we have anchovies in front of the Columbia river which we did not have any bait out front last year. I’m thinking this year will be back to normal or semi normal catching.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
I vote for you to be mayor of WP
:)

Last edited:

Ducky Duckworth

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 29, 2013
Anacortes
Name
Curt
Boat
Duck, Duck, Goose
Fowl,
I hope you're right. I got into tuna when it started to suck 2 years ago. My first trip out was with Patrick, and we got skunked, unheard of, I know. Second trip was with SGWill who had never been skunked, until I arrived on scene.

Weather or me?

Last edited:

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Fowl,
I hope you're right. I got in to tuna when it started to suck 2 years ago. My first trip out was with Patrick and we got skunked, unheard of, I know. 2nd trip was with SGWill who had never been skunked, until I arrived on scene.

Either it's the weather or I'm the tuna catching Antichrist. Either way, I'm ready for a "normal" year
2017 was great for me, 2018 had to work hard to get them, few and far between:)
I’m ready for 2019, I’ll be putting in the time:)
Can hardly wait!

Fowlplay

Well-Known "Member"
May 20, 2009
Longview, WA
Name
Mitchell
Boat
Parker 2520 XLD"Bucket List"/20ft super vee
Fowl,
I hope you're right. I got into tuna when it started to suck 2 years ago. My first trip out was with Patrick, and we got skunked, unheard of, I know. Second trip was with SGWill who had never been skunked, until I arrived on scene.

Weather or me?

The last two years I have been skunked a trip each year it was definitely a common thing. I am just hoping to go back to normal and have short runs and wide open bites again. I will never take the 20-30 mile runs for granted again.

Mazu

Aug 30, 2008
Seattle/Westport
Name
Leif Jackson
Boat
22' Sea Sport, "Mazu"
Yeah, I was hoping for a recipe, too. Interesting read, tho.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Albacore dip ? here's my recipe.One jar or can of Albacore,cream cheese and finely chopped chives.Use just enough cream cheese to make it a paste type consistency.Shred the fish up.Ad chives and let it sit for awhile.Spread it on Ritz crackers or Wheat thins.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Albacore dip.....whups I should think over my titles a bit harder.
LOL i did know you weren't looking for recipes.I read the link.

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Albacore dip ? here's my recipe.One jar or can of Albacore,cream cheese and finely chopped chives.Use just enough cream cheese to make it a paste type consistency.Shred the fish up.Ad chives and let it sit for awhile.Spread it on Ritz crackers or Wheat thins.
Mmm, sounds great. I have all of the ingredients except for the Albacore. :(

Should have planned better or fished more last year!

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
All these posts and only 1 dip recipe???? Nobody else has a version?

Reactions: plj46

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Now that washington is a sanctuary state. The tuna should come in droves. I will be out there trying to rescue any and all asylum seekers and providing them with a humane place to ride on my boat with a nice cool bath (a boat that will be working with ICE) a safe place to reside until they reach their full potential and can be more productive for social consumption

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Screw that. I’m Out there to fully prosecute those murderous albacore. Someone needs to protect defenseless squid, herring, and anchovies. I’m all about supporting the weak and oppressed.

Salmon King

Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Uh, popping a chovie’s eyeball and tossing him in the water to circle endlessly while impaling his brother and letting him swim down to his certain death... not exactly protecting the defenseless anchovies. :)

Swede

Yachtless
May 2, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Name
Swede
Boat
Kristen Lee
Uh, popping a chovie’s eyeball and tossing him in the water to circle endlessly while impaling his brother and letting him swim down to his certain death... not exactly protecting the defenseless anchovies. :)
I love the taste of a fresh eye ball. Can’t wait