TJ33

The tug is the drug
Jul 23, 2020
San Francisco
Name
Tom
Boat
Grady White 226
I’m running. I’ll be on a 226 open Grady. Starting at 31/08 then tacking west on the north side of Noyo Canyon. Let’s work together and find the schools. Call me on 10
-Tom

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
Manteca
Name
Chris
Boat
18’ duck boat, 22’ bayliner
We are definitely a go. We are leaving tonight and driving thru the night to be there and fishing in the morning. Call me on 10 if you guys find them, and I’ll do the same.

-Chris on the DukDog

Reactions: Tom Kim

Tom Kim

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 5, 2008
Fairfield CA
Name
Tom
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
Chris your an animal..2 weeks in a row??
Good luck hope you slay em. Not sure if I have another trip in me, getting too old for this overnight drive, fish all day and head home shit.. Maybe next week!!!

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
Manteca
Name
Chris
Boat
Chris your an animal..2 weeks in a row??
Good luck hope you slay em. Not sure if I have another trip in me, getting too old for this overnight drive, fish all day and head home shit.. Maybe next week!!!
C’mon let’s do it! Follow me we’ll keep each other awake 😳😬😳

TJ33

The tug is the drug
Jul 23, 2020
San Francisco
Name
Tom
Boat
Grady White 226
For anyone who is wondering, the bite was VERY slow. Most boats were skunked, some had 1-4, I heard of two boats with more than that, the big winner having 10. We had three take downs within an half hour snap around noon at 31/08, where I heard of most of the fish for the day. Unfortunately None of those fish made it to the boat. The guy with 10 was south and outside of those numbers. We went as far as 28/26 and it was a Dead Sea out there, although very blue and 64. Best bait and water temp were inside between 01 and 11 lines.

we did see an amazing dolphin show, a mako, a blue shark, and tons of saury. We threw chunks at a kelp paddy in 66.8 degree water but nothing ate. Threw irons when we saw busting saury but never saw anything come out after them. It was beautiful flat and hot, but the tuna were not that hungry. First skunk ever off of Bragg and it hurts

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
Manteca
Name
Chris
Boat
I second what Tom said, very slow. We fished and fished hard, all day. Ended up with 3, and had 3 that didn’t stick (seemed like they were being very finicky). We put in at 30/00 and trolled west to 30/10, then north west to 35/15 and around that area up towards 38/18. Lots of spots looked good but the fish wouldn’t come up. Kept trolling northwest all the way to 50/25 stayed in that area for a little while since we stuck a 35 pounder there, and then with no more takers we trolled south along the 25 line all the way back to 30/25, then east to 30/02 where we got a double. Stayed there for a while and then went further east to 00, and trolled a temp break there, then further east to 55-57 area. Several temp breaks in close, blue water, bait, birds, the works, just no fish. Never picked up and ran after the initial run out, just trolled non stop all day. We covered a lot of water and most of it looked good, just couldn’t get the fish to come up. Lots of people got skunked, lots more with one fish. We only heard of a handful of boats with more than one fish and only heard a friend of a friend that supposedly had “8 or 10” (that being the highest score we heard of). Several of these boats with 0 or 1 fish were very accomplished fisherman, some of whom I have fished with out of Santa Cruz/Monterey, and they know what they are doing. Just a very tough day for everyone, and we were grateful to get our 3 fish. Side note- weather was amazing and couldn’t have picked a better day for a 150 mile boat ride.

Daniel Kjeldsen

Hooty Hoo
Sep 21, 2020
Fort Bragg CA
Name
Hooty Hoo
Boat
Hewescraft
We had our first fish in the boat within 10-min of putting our lines in 32/05, then nothing for an hour, got single fish every hour back line 85 feet, had 4 fish in the boat by 11am. Stayed in the same area all day.
IMG_1296 copy.jpeg
then nothing for the rest of the day. Fished until 5pm. Swell was huge Thursday afternoon!

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
Manteca
Name
Chris
Boat
We had our first fish in the boat within 10-min of putting our lines in 32/05, then nothing for an hour, got single fish every hour back line 85 feet, had 4 fish in the boat by 11am. Stayed in the same area all day.
View attachment 1204219 then nothing for the rest of the day. Fished until 5pm. Swell was huge Thursday afternoon!
Did you guys (and ladies) fish Wednesday and Thursday?

Daniel Kjeldsen

Hooty Hoo
Sep 21, 2020
Fort Bragg CA
Name
Hooty Hoo
Boat
Hewescraft
Just Wednesday. Thursday looked nice in the morning but got nasty in the afternoon. It was a nice day, slow but was only our second day Albacore fishing. Im hooked its so much fun!

Reactions: Peg North

TJ33

The tug is the drug
Jul 23, 2020
San Francisco
Name
Tom
Boat
Grady White 226
Daniel, congrats on your fish! You were definitely a top boat. And if you think 4 has you hooked, just wait until you get 30+

Dukdog

Aug 25, 2019
Manteca
Name
Chris
Boat
Nice! Yeah definitely did good getting the 4 fish, that was a super tough day. If you can get 4 on a day like that, then get out there on a good day and look out!! Should slaughter them.