Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Oh sweet now everybody can pay $500 to go on a 2.5 day and troll and watch a deckhand throw some bait on a "meter mark". Gay:smoking33::supergay:Let me know when they're at 60 miles.

Do this with Bigeye and all you will ever do is read reports.:rofl:

Upvote 0

Foss

Senior Fossil
    Dec 16, 2003
    Bay Park
    www.jackinnis.com
    Name
    Jack
    Boat
    Not My Ride
    The time is now. Been watching the Temp charts for a couple weeks now. Weather has been bad and not enough PB out there hunting yet. Guess what guys..............not everyone that catches post it here. :rofl: You just never know whats going out there till you try.

Curtis.............

The boat Hanna...........
    ^
    Few days in a row of good weather, I'm all over scouting it out.
    (April 2005: albies in the box 5 miles southeast of the 302. Don't recall if I posted it on BD or not.)

Upvote 0

Captain Curt

Cooter
    Jun 22, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    www.noahstackle.net
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat
    24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"
    ^
    Few days in a row of good weather, I'm all over scouting it out.
    (April 2005: albies in the box 5 miles southeast of the 302. Don't recall if I posted it on BD or not.)

March 18th 2003.......Limits of Albies and a Bluefin at the 295. Got a call from Brandon who was with Lee on the Heatherlynn the day before, that they were on fish so I loaded up Hanna and we knocked the shit out of'em. You just never know. Last year Fishkiller "G", Saluki and I put some blood on the boat around the 2nd week in June at 113 miles south of Point Loma.

Temp breaks are looking good..........long range boat reports are looking good............been getting Hanna ready for the weather to break and we're gone. I smell albacore.

Curtis..........

The boat Hanna..........

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

baitedgyro

Almost A Member
    Dec 1, 2009
    SANTA CLARITA
    Name
    David
    Boat
    25' Boston Whaler 1983
    We shall see what happens after the ones that escapes all the seiner's nets....I wonder if any of the alberts are glowing with radiation?

Upvote 0

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
    Mar 7, 2003
    Bahia Asucion BCS
    www.momentoffame.com
    Name
    Stan
    Boat
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    We shall see what happens after the ones that escapes all the seiner's nets....I wonder if any of the alberts are glowing with radiation?

Just so ya don't continue to post stupid shit........ let me try and help by saying.

They don't net Albie's!!! As far as glowing............please read the first line again.

gettem Curtis! I still remember the year Misues had some #'s that looked good, and we ran the Surfdoc just past the 302 and got 2 25#'s and saw many more!

This was the week Before DAtDs !! It can happen

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    Just so ya don't continue to post stupid shit........

let me try and help by saying.

They don't net Albie's!!!

I know he and you were referring to purse seiner activity with your comments, but just to clarify. Local gill netters do sometimes catch albacore in their nets as by catch to the swordfish they are fishing for. So there can be “netted” albacore.

Upvote 0

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
    May 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Yak
    That's only one thousand dollars in fuel there and back not accounting for trolling time. I'm all over it.

Let's hope they keep coming up the line.

Upvote 0

happyhunter

happyhunter
    Apr 25, 2003
    Orange,Ca
    Visit site
    Name
    Bruce Jackson
    Boat
    26' Wellcraft "Happy Hunter"
    The time is now. Been watching the Temp charts for a couple weeks now. Weather has been bad and not enough PB out there hunting yet. Guess what guys..............not everyone that catches post it here. :rofl: You just never know whats going out there till you try.

Curtis.............

The boat Hanna...........

Hey Curtis, I remember a few years back in May when you and Brandon helped Chris and I unload a whole shitload of albies.....then went out and got your asses kicked. Cya, Bruce :rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
    HB
    Name
    Mika Tan
    Boat
    "MoorZilla"
    Hey Curtis, I remember a few years back in May when you and Brandon helped Chris and I unload a whole shitload of albies.....then went out and got your asses kicked. Cya, Bruce :rofl::rofl:

You're a mean man!
    Ever since you turned 80 you started picking on us kids. :D

Upvote 0

melomaxx

JUST FISH IT!
    Nov 8, 2010
    LA county
    Name
    Max
    Boat
    BURTON CLASH 154
    LOL!

Upvote 0

Captain Curt

Cooter
    Jun 22, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    www.noahstackle.net
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat
    24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"

Oh yea.............

Got to pay your dues in order to enjoy the rewards. We've damn sure took a few ass kickings in our day. But that's what makes those WFO days all worth it. :D

Curtis............

The boat Hanna............

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Heard there was Albacore at the Worm. None caught, just a metermark and a few jumpers.
    As always there is the resident Albacore that live at the dumper.

Saluki "hookup", Saluki "hookup", Saluki "hookup" - My crew "we have to put reels on the rods still, need our coffee". Saluki "hookup, where are you guys?".

Jim Daniels got word of some Albies that slipped past the 2 day boats and were up at the 371. One of the boats coming back in ran them over. That morning we ran out and found the whole overnight fleet sitting waiting for grey light. Jim and Larry's boats were the only two private boats out there.
    We killed albies. The next day no one caught a fish as they disappeared.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/bdhosted/movies/albies371s.wmv

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Captain Curt

Cooter
    Jun 22, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    www.noahstackle.net
    Name
    Curtis
    Boat
    24ft Skipjack FB "Hanna"
    When you were screaming back at us that your crew was still putting on thier reels on thier rods. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh the memories.

Curtis.........

The boat Hanna............

Upvote 0
    Sep 24, 2007
    Vista, CA
    www.linkedin.com
    Name
    Christopher Davis
    Boat
    Prowler 13
    When the water starts getting closer to 70* , then I'll actually pay attention...otherwise July/August ain't too far away from now.

Upvote 0

TheFerret

Spaceball
    Jun 29, 2007
    Oxnard, CA
    Name
    Jaredd
    Boat
    none
    Royal Polaris:

"Hi folks;

Little to report. Saw one small spot of Bluefin that went down before we got to it, and had a kelp with about 25, 8 to 10 pound Yellowtail. We released them all and have been headed south. We are hoping for Albacore by the end of the trip as conditions looked excellent.

Tomorrow will be a kelp patty day in which we are hoping to find 18 to 20 pound Yellowtail. Wish us luck. The R/p crew."

I'm going to guess it'll be June 25th before any real numbers show up.

Upvote 0

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    Looks like the Apollo got some albacore today in same area as the AA was last week. 230 miles. :)

Upvote 0

6xJr

Almost A Member
    Feb 11, 2005
    Encinitas
    Name
    Nate
    Boat
    25WA Hydra-sports
    Looks like the Apollo got some albacore today in same area as the AA was last week. 230 miles. :)

Heard the same, Apollo with 8 on their way south. What it means? Time will tell. Obviously everybody is itchin, I know I am!

Upvote 0

Redworm

Captain
    May 11, 2009
    San Diego CA USA
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    21' Chris Craft Scorpion
    Yep, as soon as the fish get really thick, ALL the freakin sieners and aircraft will show up and keep us out of the area until they have finished their two hundred thousand metric ton ocean pummel. Maybe the earthquake rebuild efforts in Japan will take a little pressure off the Japanese commerical fishing season this year giving us an unobstructed shot at the BFT?? ....................Naaaaa.

Upvote 0