Ahi's westside

nodrama

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Hi BD'ers sorry for the late report and a lot of things to do with the fish boat and most important Family duties.
Thanks Lois for the post of pics and taking the pics.
My friend Tim asked to go fishing along time ago but i had to get my house ready for my new baby. call him and told him if he could go on sat. :2gunsfiring_v1:
Left the harbor at a little past 5am and headed for co no takers so kept on going toward Kauai. 26 miles and water started to get bumpy so turn the boat back toward the middle. Get into the calm water and see a small bird pile and porpoise. As we get in we see another boat hook up and I tell Tim to watch the poles cause i think it going to go off,(fingers and toes crossed hahaha) and pop goes the center, Hanapaa fight on. Get fish in the boat and tell Tim to head back into the pile while i set lines and gill and gut the fish. We get back in and I again see the other boat hook up and on my left the birds and porpoise went nuts. Turn left and pop goes the outrigger,reel is screaming at about half spool pop goes the center again Hanapaa double alright. Fight both fish and get them in the boat and now we are both dead and I tell Tim to head strait in while i gill and gut both fish.
Fish went 172, 168, 160 gill and gut.
Congrats, Kaisha on a great catch and keeping the pressure on us since you guys always got the strikes first Great Job.
5O7C's for the hot lures and all the great help.
Good luck to all and Tight Lines and bloody decks thanks for reading.

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
nice catch ryan, thanks for sharing!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Ryan and Tim,
Simply awesome; we were about 10 miles West of ya in another poproise school but with much different results (no bites). When we got back into the harbor we heard about 2 boats and 5 fish, way to go both to you and Guy (the other boat with 2)...

Pat

anykine77

Dec 7, 2005
Waianae Hawaii
Name
Ron
Boat
28' Custom-Anykine
Awesome Catch, We were next to you at the washrack. We only managed to find a wayward marlin with someone else's hook still in the jaw. Looked liked a owner or jobu type with the solid stainless ring.

Ron

hb1111

Apr 11, 2009
honolulu hi usa
Name
skipper
Boat
wanna be
wow thanks for sharing at least we know still got fish coming up on the west side!! nice catch!!!!

dausualinc

Nov 25, 2008
Honolulu
Name
Kekoa
Boat
30' Knife
Good Going on the late season ahis! definately a day to remember

lois

lurker
Apr 1, 2010
kailua
Name
lois
Boat
99 nvrmin
good job Ryan! thanks for staying late enough so my Kidlets could see the giant fish. they have never seen fish that big before and it was all they talked about on the ride home.

shadzdad

Aug 6, 2010
Wahiawa,HI USA
Name
Darren
Boat
building one
Good job Ryan and Tim. i certainly thought the ahis were gone already but glad to see them still lingering around. Thanks Lois for posting the pics and giving all of us the fever.

nodrama

Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Thanks everyone on the very kind words. Good luck and tight lines with reels screaming.

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Ryan and Tim,
Congrats on the three banger Ahi! That is a banner catch for sure......wish I had 1/3 of that on any given day! Hope they stick around for a while....how far out were they?

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Wicked! That's a day of fishing I'm sure you remember for ever! Congrats!

nodrama

Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Pupule, thanks yes my partner and I will always remember that day. Best day on that boat for me too. Still dreaming about it.