Ahi Assault Diamond Jig Glow lost it's glow?

jplee3

May 3, 2007
Irvine
Name
Jeremy
Boat
n/a
Hey guys,

Haven't owned many glow jigs but was curious if it's normal for them to lose their glow over time? I pulled out a 10oz glow jig I picked up a few years ago but barely ended up using (maybe used once or twice). I noticed the glow on it is super faint even after attempting to charge it multiple times.

I used an LED flashlight to go over it several times. Is there a different/better way to recharge? Do I just need to get a new jig? Or maybe look for glow paint, etc?

Pier Rat

Fin Addict
Aug 5, 2007
Lakewood, CA
Name
Arthur
Boat
I Wish
Not sure about the Assault Jigs, but I have found if you leave a glow squid jig out in the sun, they lose their glow capabilities.

Reactions: Cubeye

jplee3

May 3, 2007
Irvine
Name
Jeremy
Boat
n/a
Try a UV flashlight. (black light)
Will this 'revive' glows that have been 'dead' for a while? My parents don't have anything like that at their house so I improvised and tried to make one with 3-layer scotch tape and blue/blue/purple sharpies haha. It didn't seem to be that effective :(

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Will this 'revive' glows that have been 'dead' for a while? My parents don't have anything like that at their house so I improvised and tried to make one with 3-layer scotch tape and blue/blue/purple sharpies haha. It didn't seem to be that effective :(
I doubt if you can get your jig to glow if the paint doesn't react to bright light. UV light simply activates the paint faster and brighter.

I'm not sure, but I think there are three different types of luminous paint. It's possible the jig was not coated with enough of the luminous pigments to make it glow very bright. I've seen some jigs that are this way. Not much you can do about it.

If you feel that the glow feature is that important to you, then I would get another jig. I don't think it's cost effective to purchase the glow paint and other tools to apply the paint for one jig.

Last edited:

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
Did they get exposed to heat at all? If they get hot it will kill them and there is no bringing it back. I left a bunch of glow egg sinkers and jig heads in the boat for like 6 months in a tackle station out of the sun and they were as dead as could be.

Arthur1

Sep 20, 2018
MA
Name
Arthur
Boat
Bottoms Up
Glow in the dark enamel nail polish if you're in a rush, hope that helps!

davidsk

Salty
Jun 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Name
David
Boat
myboat
Check out 'Alumiglow Epoxy Glow Paint Kits'.
Available on eBay. Relatively easy to apply. Glows very well.