wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Florida
Name
Good
Boat Name
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Very sad and very stupid. Glad the boat operater didn’t kill anyone. I’ve ran in the hours or darkness before sunrise and can see better without any light, but never with an ounce of alcohol in me (duck hunting). Need every bit of focus I have and my friends equally able to keep an eye out.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Yeah, we run in the dark all the time but it’s with lights, radar and always two people watching out the front, gotta go as slow as you can see.

I have thought about being on the water for the fourth but like you said, add some people drinking and driving a boat in dark....pass

Upvote 0

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
  • Jul 15, 2009
    Woodinville, WA
    Name
    Casey
    Boat Name
    23 Pacific
    Terrible. All the bad choices and still probably would have made it wearing a lifejacket. Friends of friends on that boat. People grow up on the water and can forget how dangerous it can be after 1000 trips and get complacent.

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    I looked at that area on the map, there are boats anchored in all over that bay.

Tragic

Upvote 0

Barracuda1

Master of None
    Jul 7, 2011
    All over this bitch!
    Name
    Fred
    Boat Name
    Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
    Terrible. All the bad choices and still probably would have made it wearing a lifejacket. Friends of friends on that boat. People grow up on the water and can forget how dangerous it can be after 1000 trips and get complacent.

Here! Here!
    Unfortunate but a good reminder about complacency Casey. Most of start out cautious and then a few of us stray. This is a tragedy that could of been avoided. My thoughts are with the family.

Reactions: FVSerenity
    Upvote 0