scott v

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 3, 2011
Rancho Santa Margarita
Name
Scott
Boat
Keep wishing
Took my boys on the 1/2 day trip out of Dana Point today. We fished the Reel Fun with a load of 20 which is the max due to the current nonsense. It was a comfortable load for the boat.

Headed south and anchored up south of San Clemente pier. I threw a plastic as the boat was coming to anchor. Instantly bit and handed off to my youngest. Legal calico before the boats stops. I do not usually keep calicos but will keep what my boys catch and will eat with in reason.

I was busy baiting and casting throughout the day and it was a blast. My youngest fished a tube bait and probably landed 20+ bass with three being keepers. My 10 year old was fishing bait and did well also. I got a routine where I would throw the plastic then bait the other one. By the time the bait was in the water the plastic was usually bit. This was the routine most of the day.

Highlight of the day is my 10 year old pulling on a BSB. Crew hooked a good one and fought it for a while. Asked my boy if he wanted to pull on it. Tried to put a belt on him but it was too big. Stand up time. After a few minutes of coaching my kid put it on the rail. Crew was a little shocked he knew how to use the rail correctly. Fought the fish til he was tired and then handed it back. Eventually a 100+ pound Black Sea bass came to the surface and was promptly released. My boy was stoked and shocked at how hard the fish pulled.

Great day on the water with a great crew and group of passengers. Quite a few youngsters on the boat and the crew was great with them.

B348CF1E-6109-4989-8D8F-723F19B497C8.jpeg

82AD1241-2D92-4C80-80B4-F8F6072814AE.jpeg

5A5AC071-9AEC-4C99-84A1-0041D4481AEF.jpeg

F3664A78-FDE4-43F5-B413-A3A6CB4AC75E.jpeg

4F31CC76-9FA5-4756-90C1-F13BC28A26E1.jpeg

chipnice

Dec 17, 2006
huntingtonbeach
Name
chip
Boat
16 scupper shananagoat
Took my boys on the 1/2 day trip out of Dana Point today. We fished the Reel Fun with a load of 20 which is the max due to the current nonsense. It was a comfortable load for the boat.

Headed south and anchored up south of San Clemente pier. I threw a plastic as the boat was coming to anchor. Instantly bit and handed off to my youngest. Legal calico before the boats stops. I do not usually keep calicos but will keep what my boys catch and will eat with in reason.

I was busy baiting and casting throughout the day and it was a blast. My youngest fished a tube bait and probably landed 20+ bass with three being keepers. My 10 year old was fishing bait and did well also. I got a routine where I would throw the plastic then bait the other one. By the time the bait was in the water the plastic was usually bit. This was the routine most of the day.

Highlight of the day is my 10 year old pulling on a BSB. Crew hooked a good one and fought it for a while. Asked my boy if he wanted to pull on it. Tried to put a belt on him but it was too big. Stand up time. After a few minutes of coaching my kid put it on the rail. Crew was a little shocked he knew how to use the rail correctly. Fought the fish til he was tired and then handed it back. Eventually a 100+ pound Black Sea bass came to the surface and was promptly released. My boy was stoked and shocked at how hard the fish pulled.

Great day on the water with a great crew and group of passengers. Quite a few youngsters on the boat and the crew was great with them.

View attachment 1168555

View attachment 1168556

View attachment 1168557

View attachment 1168558

View attachment 1168559
Good Dad, they will never this day and hopefully pass the stoke on to their kids

SUPSquatchFish

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 23, 2019
San Clemente
Name
Jon
Boat
Robalo R180

View attachment 1168555

View attachment 1168556

View attachment 1168557

View attachment 1168558

View attachment 1168559
Great work Dad!!!

ANGLING ALLEN

Apr 14, 2006
Fullerton
Name
Larry
Boat
finatic
Doesn't get much better than that! Nice assembly line system keeping everyone busy and happy. Kudos to the crew for a chance to pull on the BSB. Sounds like a great day on the water. Good job! One for each of you!!
:appl::appl::appl:

Jon Cook

Sep 28, 2017
San Jose CA
Name
Jon Cook
Boat
n/a
That's such a great day, Scott, for you and your boys. You all will never forget. I have a special spot in my heart for the Reel Fun. I used to deckhand on it when Capt Jack Bandy ran the boat. There is so much wonderful history that has come from Dad's and Sons fishing on that craft. Amazing.

katchfish

Aug 18, 2003
LOST
Visit site
Name
Ken
Boat
OK Prowler
I have great memories from the Reel Fun.

Capt Jack, first class!

Reactions: Jon Cook