AFTER THANKSGIVING HALIBUT CLASSIC 2015. GET YOUR TEAMS READY, IT'S ON!!

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Shouldn't wahoo be a subprize? I assume halibut bite marauders

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Mike, is there still room for another boat?

Yep, still plenty of spots open for more teams!

Remember guys, anyone can jump in and fish this. Just keep in mind that all mailed entries MUST get to me by November 25th at the latest. After that time, all those wishing to enter must do so at the morning check-in at the adjusted late entry price.

8 more days until tournament time...... get those entries in!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Evening reminder........ 8 more days until tourney time!

Also any of you who decide to sign up in the morning, please if possible let me know, as that way we can be ready in the morning, and have a heads up on what to expect for the check-ins.

Besides the chance at taking home some extra $$ for Christmas, we've also got 2 speed reels, fish dope subscriptions, bait certs, and I'm told a spot locator and other items to give away.

Git on it and sign your team up! :D

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Wow....just checked the tide charts for the tournament. Lot's of movement. Not much wind forecast.:appl:

Time for me to focus my chi...

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Wow....just checked the tide charts for the tournament. Lot's of movement. Not much wind forecast.:appl:

Time for me to focus my chi...

Yep it's all lining up and looking good right now!!

I think it's going to be a great day on the water and really nice conditions with good tidal movement, little wind, and better yet, a few teams are going to go home with some extra spending $$.

Ok, so this is also the morning update: 7 more days until the tournament!!!

All mailed in entries MUST be received by the 25th of November or sooner. After the 25th of November, all entries will be done at the morning sign ups, so please check the tournament website for all info regarding rules and entries.

www.halibutclassic.com

There are still plenty of spots open for anyone wishing to put together a team, so get your team together and jump on in for the morning gathering of boats, the classic bridge group photo done by Frank Price and his son Nate, and spend a great day of fishing the California Coast for Halibut with a good solid group of people who fish this tournament.

IF YOU PLAN ON ENTERING AT THE MORNING CHECK-IN, PLEASE TRY AND INFORM ME ON OR BEFORE THE 27TH IF POSSIBLE, AS IT WILL HELP GIVE US A HEADS UP OF WHAT TO EXPECT AT MORNING CHECK-IN.

ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, THAT ANY AND ALL TEAMS ENTERING AT THE MORNING SIGN UPS, MUST BE IN CASH ONLY, AND PLEASE HAVE EXACT CHANGE.

****LOTS OF ROOM LEFT GUYS!!!!****

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    ****QUICK UPDATE****

ALL TEAMS WHO HAVE SENT IN ENTRIES AND WHICH HAVE BEEN RECEIVED BY ME HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED BY PHONE OR TEXT AS OF LAST NIGHT.

IF YOU SENT IN AN ENTRY AND YOU HAVEN'T BEEN NOTIFIED OF ENTRY RECEIVED, YOU MIGHT WANT TO START RESEARCHING WHAT WENT WRONG AND GET ANOTHER ENTRY IN ASAP. THERE IS STILL LOTS OF TIME, BUT IT'S WINDING DOWN.

Upvote 0

Billy V

Seabass Commando
    Aug 26, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
    Mike,

Don't listen to Carl - he has a head injury and has experienced severe electrical shock to the brain - he doesn't know who he is most the time.

Last week we found him sleeping in the bushes - half dressed as a woman.
    -----------------------------------
    BTW.... He ment to say I requested that delicious CHICKEN TERIYAKI w/ Potato Salad. MMMmmmm Good.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Mike,

Don't listen to Carl - he has a head injury and has experienced severe electrical shock to the brain - he doesn't know who he is most the time.

Last week we found him sleeping in the bushes - half dressed as a woman.
    -----------------------------------
    BTW.... He ment to say I requested that delicious CHICKEN TERIYAKI w/ Potato Salad. MMMmmmm Good.

Almost afraid to ask, but was his other half even dressed!??o_O

Nevermind, I don't think I even want to know. :D

Hey Carl...... you out there? the entry is taken care of, but I still need to get a filled out entry form with signatures from ya. ;)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Almost afraid to ask, but was his other half even dressed!??o_O

Nevermind, I don't think I even want to know. :D

Hey Carl...... you out there? the entry is taken care of, but I still need to get a filled out entry form with signatures from ya. ;)

OK
    The cool thing is I don't have to split the prize money with my teammate. :rockin:

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Just 4 days until tournament time!!

At this point please do not mail in any more entries, as they wont reach me by the cutoff date of November 25th for mail in entries.

There is still room for teams, so anyone wishing to join in from this point forward, must do so at the morning check-ins.

If you plan on entering at the morning sign-ups, you must do so before 5am.

It would also help alot if any teams who wish to sign up in the morning, contact me and give me a heads up so that I can have a little idea of what to expect in the morning. This is not requirement, but it does help things a bit.

We're almost there!!

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
    Tail Chasers is posting a free halibut map for all ATHIC participants!.... at no charge! Good Luck!

Middlebank3.jpg

Reactions: Kareem Korn
    Upvote 0
    Mar 5, 2007
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Name
    Justin
    Boat
    Pacific V2025 HT (Seaker)
    Mike, is there still room for another boat?

Team SEA-KER has to bow out due to a back injury. Mike said we can "sell" our entry to another team that wants to join if we find one.

PM me if you are thinking of joining and would want to buy our spot.

We signed up with a team of 3, so we have $120 in.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok guys check it out....... I have one 3 man team spot available at the early entry price ($40 per angler), and avail right now.

This is ONLY available to a team that is wishing to sign up from this point forward, as we need to keep all previous spots filled, paid for and committed to from this point forward.

This just now became available, so it's a great chance for any team suddenly wanting to get in from today forward at the early price.

Anybody interested in this, please PM me to work out the details, and remember, this is only good for any team who has not already paid up or already made arrangements with me.

Edit: Justin posted above while I was typing mine.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

polfishski

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 5, 2008
    Descanso
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
    With all these weird tides and funky weather I wonder if we will be starting our day making bait.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    With all these weird tides and funky weather I wonder if we will be starting our day making bait.

Weird tides?

There are some great tides imo, with some real good movement, which is usually very good at getting the fish actively feeding.

Tides
    3:50am
    low tide
    ( 2.0 ft. )
    9:59am
    high tide
    ( 6.6 ft. )
    5:08pm
    low tide
    ( -0.7 ft. )
    11:45pm
    high tide
    ( 4.3 ft. )

On top of all that, the weather is looking good as well.

We still have that one spot open to fill in for another team at the early entry price.

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    don't forget the other Tide
    th
    where we wash out the competition!!! :frehya2:

Reactions: Carl
    Upvote 0

polfishski

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 5, 2008
    Descanso
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
    The tides do look good for fishing. My main concern was the bait situation. Mission bay ran out last Sunday. I'm thinking at least half of my team will be up to make bait the night before. Just to play it on the safe side. My boys were quite the mackerel slayers when they were younger.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    The tides do look good for fishing. My main concern was the bait situation. Mission bay ran out last Sunday. I'm thinking at least half of my team will be up to make bait the night before. Just to play it on the safe side. My boys were quite the mackerel slayers when they were younger.

We went out on Tuesday and MB bait had very small chovies, two eyes and a wiggle

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    **TOMORROW IS TOURNAMENT TIME!!!**

There is still time to get in this, so if you want to fish it then please try and let me know that you will be doing a morning sign-up to help us be ready. Please have exact change as well, as that will help speed-up the morning process and get things rolling.

The weather looks to be just fine, the tides are very good imo, so put on your game face, and we will see you out there come tomorrow morning and we will once again gather up for the traditional group bridge shot which will once again be done by Frank Price "MoBetta".

I should be out there with you guys for the morning group photo shot, and with me will be my two girls. Unfortunately I wont be able to fish it this year which kinda bums me out, but it is what it is. Lucky for you guys I guess ;) LOL

REMEMBER, THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET IN ON THIS!!!!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I got a big can of whoop ass on ice.....

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
    Oct 15, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Leoman
    Boat
    I got a big can of whoop ass on ice.....

we'll, we got a big can of whoop ice on ass! LOL stop by in the am, we will be huddled in the pilot house eating donuts and drinking hot coffee :)

Upvote 0