AFTER THANKSGIVING HALIBUT CLASSIC 2015. GET YOUR TEAMS READY, IT'S ON!!

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
2015 AFTER THANKSGIVING HALIBUT CLASSIC IS ON!!!!!
142316-1196067094-8e24b3bf12afd8a6cf2e93f87fb8ca53.jpg

GET YOUR TEAMS LINED UP & TOGETHER NOW!

img_0942frank-m-jpg.486450

ENTRY FORMS AND ALL OTHER TOURNAMENT INFO CAN BE FOUND ON THE TOURNAMENT WEBSITE WHICH IS......

WWW.HALIBUTCLASSIC.COM

*To save time right now, I am just copy & Pasting from last years info with a few small changes.

ALRIGHT GUYS, THE TOURNAMENT IS A GO...... START WORKING ON YOUR TEAMS NOW!!

SEND ENTRIES TO P.O. BOX 17282 SAN DIEGO CA 92177
-------------------------------------------------------------
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 28TH 2015 IS THE TOURNAMENT DATE!! 40 TEAM MAXIMUM, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. PRIORITY GIVEN TO ALL LAST YEARS TEAMS.
-------------------------------------------------------------

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE A WAYS TO GO IN GETTING THIS DONE AND READY, BUT I'M WORKING ON IT.

THIS IS AN OPEN INVITE TOURNAMENT....ALL TEAMS ARE WELCOME UNTIL IT FILLS UP!! Get your entries in soon and save before the early entry deadline which is November 18th.

16th Annual "After Thanksgiving Halibut Classic"..... SATURDAY NOVEMBER 28TH!!!
151096-1222283474-b61ace1af6e4e0af7d294b04deb07cf8.jpg

I'll add more to this thread later, but start making your plans and getting your teams put together now. please send your completed entry forms to P.O. BOX 17282 SAN DIEGO CA 92177

DO NOT USE THE P.O. BOX NUMBER THAT IS SHOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR PRINTED OUT ENTRY FORM!! Those will not get to me and the deadline dates will still apply. <This has now been fixed. The proper P.O. box number is now shown in all areas of the website as of 11/10/15

The website still needs numerous changes..... I'm trying guys, but running into numerous snags, so hang with me please!

THIS WILL BE THE 16TH YEAR OF THIS TOURNAMENT!!

Once again, this is open to all teams until it reaches maximum capacity. All previous years participants have entry priority and are locked in until the 18th of November. All open spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis by when entries are received.

There are open spots avail at this very time, so if you are a new team get those entries in asap and to better your chance of locking in your team. ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Billy V was just tlking a bunch of smack to me about the team of All Stars :ashamed: he's assembling for the tourny.... :rolleyes: I'm calling his team the Dirty Rugs.......

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Billy V was just talking a bunch of smack to me about the team of All Stars :ashamed: he's assembling for the tourny.... :rolleyes: I'm calling his team the Dirty Rugs.......

Reactions: mrkrabs
    Upvote 0

polfishski

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 5, 2008
    Descanso
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
    Good time last year looks to be good weather for the tourney this year too. We'll be back looking to place further up the board this year.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
    Apr 9, 2007
    San Diego, CA.
    Name
    Max
    Boat
    Trophy Pro, @-EZ
    I'm out, Mike.

Cannot commit to anything right now.

Good luck to those who participate.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

fishpye

Feb 22, 2004
    Chula Vista Resident
    Visit site
    Name
    John E. Pye
    Boat
    " The Menu" 24' CustomSkipjack Volvo Diesel
    Mike, "The Menu" will return this year with an added crew member. Baby John will join us. Looking forward to this fun tournament.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Billy V was just talking a bunch of smack to me about the team of All Stars :ashamed: he's assembling for the tourny.... :rolleyes: I'm calling his team the Dirty Rugs.......

Right on...... bring on the dirty rugs! Let's see if they can find some big dirty doormats!!

Good time last year looks to be good weather for the tourney this year too. We'll be back looking to place further up the board this year.

That's awesome Tom...... stoked to have your team back again this year!

Chesapeake Charlie and I are in on my boat.... I'm pretty confident the reigning champs are in as well. We just had this conversation earlier.

Sweet Max...... totally looking forward to seeing you and Chuck back in this thing once again! Hell, I don't even know if I remember what Chuck looks like? I think he's some big tall polock dude isn't he? I do remember that he seemed to do ok with catching halibut though :)

The reigning champs....... yeah, Frank & Jerry are among some of the very loyal to this have fun, get together tournament! Looking forward to seeing them again as well.

Mike, "The Menu" will return this year with an added crew member. Baby John will join us. Looking forward to this fun tournament.

Ok, I am really stoked to hear this John! With your new baby and all, I wasn't sure if you would make it! So cool that your new little buddy will be in this years tourny!!

One last constant reminder........

MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE TO SEND ALL ENTRIES TO P.O. BOX 17282 SAN DIEGO CA 92177

All entry forms and other info can be found on the tournament website at .....
    www.halibutclassic.com

Please help spread the word about the tournament....... there is still plenty of time for anyone to get into this! Remember, it's limited to 40 teams maximum.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Gonna beat Billy V's team of :ashamed: like dirty rugs...........

Already looking forward to it as I don't think I'm going duck hunting this year.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'm putting a bounty on Billy V

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Just a reminder..... all early entries MUST be postmarked or received by November 18th to be eligiable for the early entry price.

Entries that don't meet those requirements will be accepted upon the adjusted price set forth on the tournament website.

Get your teams together and get your entries mailed in.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    A few looks back over the years!

Last years line up before the morning role call and start.
    Photos by MoBetta
    _MG_8578-L.jpg

2014 Champions - Team Albie Nut
    _MG_8912-L.jpg

2013 and teams arriving for the morning line up & role call.
    nate-01-3-m-jpg.486438

2013 - 1st & 3rd Place - Team Zorros Gene
    _ate0119nate-m-jpg.486445

2013 - 2nd Place - Team Harvey B III
    img_0960frank-m-jpg.486446

Just a small gathering of the overall 2012 Halibut Classic teams grouping together for the very popular morning group photo shot taken by BDs "MoBetta" Frank and his son Nate.
    ATIHC-X2.jpg

2012 Champions - Team Tail Chasers
    Frank204-X2.jpg

Sometimes all it takes is a little fish to win BIG!!
    Frank201-X2.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: TOTW
    Upvote 0

chef gabe

Eat the collars!
    Aug 23, 2014
    Dana Point
    Name
    Gabe
    Boat
    Aqua Pazza (translates to Crazy Water and this is the name of an Italian Fishermans Stew)
    Where can I get the details of the derby? Entry price, rules. location...etc. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Where can I get the details of the derby? Entry price, rules. location...etc. It sounds like a lot of fun!

All info can be found on the tournament webite which is.... www.halibutclassic.com

**The below information has all been fixed. The P.O. Box number listed both on the website & entry form is now current and correct.** The website was updated on 11/10/15

*Please note - the current P.0. Box number listed at the bottom of the entry form is incorrect. DO NOT USE THAT P.0. BOX NUMBER. The correct P.0.Box number to use is P.0. Box 17282 San Diego Ca 92177

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER!

THERE ARE 13 DAYS LEFT IN WHICH THE EARLY ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED TO QUALIFY FOR THE EARLY ENTRY PRICE.

ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THE 18TH WILL BE AT THE ADJUSTED RATE AS STATED ON THE TOURNAMENT WEBSITE.

GET YOUR TEAMS TOGETHER NOW AND GET THOSE ENTRIES IN BEFORE THE 18TH TO SAVE SOME COIN.

THERE IS STILL PLENTY OF TIME FOR BOTH NEW AND PAST TEAMS ALIKE TO JUMP ON IN.

Upvote 0