Omarkayak

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 26, 2007
Northridge, CA
Name
Bills
Boat
11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
Maintenance, rockfish and yellos in Mexican waters, and maybe sand dabs locally whoo hoo! Odd yello run in US waters.

Good fishin'!
BDC OK

Reactions: T-Tang and Mrdstone

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
A lot of Sculpin and San Dabs. Also a little bit of Halibut derby fishing and some Sand Bass. The majority of the local overnight fleet will normally do their maintenance and take a break until spring. For San Diego the overnight boats might start Colonet trips and maybe even a little prospecting offshore still.

saltpheen

Aug 17, 2017
Placerville
Name
Seagambler
Boat
20 north river sea hawk Grady white 282 sailfish
The season isn’t over. The shogun and royal star are on a massive school of biting bluefin. It’s within range of 1.5 day trips.
They on them today was on the nla Friday saw lots of fish non wanted to play

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The season isn’t over. The shogun and royal star are on a massive school of biting bluefin. It’s within range of 1.5 day trips.
How can the Royal Star be on a massive school right now? Unless the Massive school is near their dock. The Boat got in at 600 am this morning.

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
There report is up now on there website.
Just read it. Pretty much what I heard this morning. Fish up to 100lbs and only got a handful. it sounds like they had a SLOW 5 days of fishing from what I heard and didn't read.

Reactions: jer dog
P

Paddyman1

Island yellows do not hibernate like bears. They actually eat all year long. You just got to look a little harder.

About 10 years ago when I joined this crazy board, there used to be a dude who posted winter time yellowtail reports at Catalina, and they were massive toads. He provided plenty of Intel on fishing deeper water and your best odds of locating them. Wish I could remember the name, as they were great reads. Maybe Mr Visser might remember.

joelgame

Sep 9, 2009
Oceanside, CA
Name
Joel
Boat
Royal Star, 2310 Parker, Tomahawk
This is from yesterday off the Tomahawk. After catching rock cod and yellowtail at colonet they went offshore and found some bluefin. They didn’t want to bite. One of these Colonet trips is going to find some biters.

A8ED8399-3658-46DE-8F35-F4D8EE68B8F6.jpeg 16174A7E-E1FF-417D-9254-AD19F55D6E82.jpeg

Reactions: Shon