SOUTHWEST

May 20, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Tom
Boat
27 Albemarle
Maybe give the guy 24 hours to "man up" and hear his side of the story. His name, hailing port, boat manufacturer, hull id, etc. are available through an internet search. At least his Huntington Harbor based boat is current on his registration. BTW, the story will be available shortly on Sunday's LTH archive. The "Affliction" was cited twice, once during the Dave Hansen report, once perhaps a half hour earlier.

Upvote 0

SOUTHWEST

May 20, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Tom
Boat
27 Albemarle
What happened?
An angler on the "Searcher" hooked up a 200 lb.-ish bluefin, I believe at night. The Affliction was fishing about 200 ft. or so upwind and snagged the hooked fish. The Affliction gaffed the fish and took off with the big fish and the Searcher's angler's lure. The Searcher attempted to communicate through VHF during the battle and there was no response from the Affliction. You can hear it from the source the first hr. of LTH this morning, maybe midway through the 7 am hour, and then again when Dave Hansen gives his two cents about the incident.

Upvote 0

SOUTHWEST

May 20, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Tom
Boat
27 Albemarle
What is LTH?
Let's Talk Hookup. 7 am to 9 am every Saturday and Sunday. Been listening since about 1992.https://www.letstalkhookup.com/. Go to the archive, about 37:35, 7 am-8 am. Also, 8 am-9 am about 20:30. There is a "snake" side to the story, but it's a bit humorous at the same time.

Upvote 0

MB1

May 16, 2021
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
None
Let's Talk Hookup. 7 am to 9 am every Saturday and Sunday. Been listening since about 1992.https://www.letstalkhookup.com/. Go to the archive, about 37:35, 7 am-8 am. Also, 8 am-9 am about 20:30. There is a "snake" side to the story, but it's a bit humorous at the same time.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    I've seen this happen quite a few times on sportboats, maybe not on a 200lb fish but during hot bites/run n gun type fishing this kinda stuff happens.

Whether it was the boat I was on or the other boat I've never seen either party return a fish or the 5 jigs/hooks they just cut off.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    At least there were no shots fired,lol.

Last edited:
    • Haha