Advice for Costa Rica?

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I’m going on a vacation with wifey next month for 10 days. We’re staying in a place called Playa Avellanas about 1/2 hour out of Tamarindo. Plan on doing the dawn patrol fishing the local beaches for whatever is swimming around. Any advice? I’ll have a couple 20-30lb outfits. Anything work particularly well there? I’m thinking some krocks and some gulp?
Not planning on any boat fishing, just want to beat the water to a froth to treat my early morning A.D.D.
I’ll have a car so road trips are possible as long as it’s not stupid far.
Also do I need a fishing license?

cmiller91301

Aug 13, 2007
San Diego
Name
Colin
Boat
The Boatagain
No license needed if you are fishing from shore. At least that's what I read and no problems when I was there the past two trips.

Check out Blue Wave Fishing in Playa del Coco. If you are flying into Liberia, it's a nice drive before hitting your destination. Spoke to a local kid back in August and gave me tips for my return trip. Chrome spoons were the key.

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Thanks, gotta bunch of crocks.
We’re flying into Liberia and getting a car, I’ll check it out.

muymacho74

Surface Iron Maniac
Jul 23, 2014
San Fernando Valley
Name
Phillip
Boat
America Angler
I was there in Papagayo last Aug and they love blue/chrome Crocs and blue/clear poppers down there. Med retrieve on the crocs, fast on the poppers. Good luck.

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Feel free to pm a list of questions. If you want. I have lived down here for 16 years total

Kayak

I'm way south. But my March dates so far out of Sierpe are March 6th, 7th, 23rd, and 30th. Popping and deep jigging, inshore. If you can come down. Join

Last edited:

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
Do eat the white pineapple. I went down for 2 weeks and traveled from the bottom to the top. I thought I would fish a ton but the family determined that wildlife viewing was more fun. Monkeys and birds everywhere...

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
No the yellow :D Is the Maui gold grown here.

Reptilandia won that morning. Super educational and a thrill for the groms. They will never forget crocs to scarlet macaw parrots. Well done