Advice for a Cabo trip in January?

yewyew12

Jul 12, 2018
SCV
Name
Andrew
Boat
zzz
Throwing the idea around of doing my first Cabo trip sometime between late January-mid February. Currently waiting to get my passport and hopefully there's not another lockdown by then or anything.

I'd probably do a 5 day trip and would like to fish 2 of those days. Can anyone recommend a good charter down there? Are there any open party type offerings? I'd be going down there solo so if I can avoid chartering a whole boat for myself that would be ideal especially if the prices are anything like the 4 pack private charter options in SoCal. Curious what I could expect as far as fishing goes that time of year? My main interest is pelagics. I read that marlin and wahoo fishing can be good that time of year? Also if anyone can recommend other activities and things to see and do down there it'd be much appreciated. I'm still doing some research but thought I'd try and get some input from those with experience. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
If your solo go panga all the way!!! If you post up closer you can probably find someone to share....Hit me up ill give u the Best Capitans......
I'll be down Jna 16-23

Upvote 0

sammyvelvet

Aug 8, 2013
long beach
Name
sammy
Boat
no
It all depends on what you are looking for .. and if inshore or offshore ... We just got back a few weeks ago from Cabo .. killed the Dorado and everything else ... we will be back in Jan as well .. we always fish with our guy .. great 26 foot Panga and Juanito knows the name of the game and wont waste your time if he feels its not gonna be what you want to catch ... it changes all the time no matter what the season is supposed to be about .. especially this year ... we have been fishing with him for over 10 years now and go every 6-8 weeks .. he is the Owner of "El Diblo Loco" and its Capitan .. and his son is the Deckhand most of the times they go out ... great guys and fluent in english ... very reasonable rates too ...

Reactions: yewyew12
Upvote 0