advice and opinion on Accurate Bv2 500N and 500 vs Penn Torques 15XN and 25N 2spd

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
looking to buy a set of these 2 reels, but would be great if I hear from people who actually have them and use them, kind like cons and pros view , thanks in advance for your opinions

Reactions: Tugboat64

kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    I cannot speak for the penn reels.... I have both of the accurate reels you are asking about about and can say you will not find a better horsepower to weight ratio reel. The entire valiant line is incredible. The reels are smooth and powerful and weigh a fraction of the Penns. Pros: weight, smooth drag, powerful, quality cons:price
    I personally have a 300, 500n, 500 and 800 valiant and am looking to add a 600n as well. You can not go wrong with the 500n and 500. Hope this helps.

Reactions: tony38

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
    Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    I've had the oppurtunity to fish all 4 of the reels presented and honestly... It's all which brand you choose to favor here. I can't say much bad on either side. Speaking from the torque side of things is I love how smooth their frespool is. I mean how many two speeds can be an iron reel? On my Long range trips, my 25ld is my wahoo bomb reel. I wish I could give more cons vs pro's but there are none to me, if there are any it's small and personal issues lol

Reactions: MAG0121 and tony38

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
    Name
    tony
    Boat
    none yet
    I cannot speak for the penn reels.... I have both of the accurate reels you are asking about about and can say you will not find a better horsepower to weight ratio reel. The entire valiant line is incredible. The reels are smooth and powerful and weigh a fraction of the Penns. Pros: weight, smooth drag, powerful, quality cons:price
    I personally have a 300, 500n, 500 and 800 valiant and am looking to add a 600n as well. You can not go wrong with the 500n and 500. Hope this helps.
    I seen both brands at my local tackle shop and the only thing I don't like about the BV2, is how thin the frame is on the handle side, and how side plate is attach with 3 screw at the location of free spool, and just 1 where the gear box is if that make sences, have you had any issue with that part??

Last edited:
    Reactions: kayakbeast33

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
    Name
    tony
    Boat
    none yet
    seems Penn is wining , I see that the torque frame is more robust than the bv, thank you all for the info, keep it coming