Adding windless to Trophy Tcc22

dashig

Feb 25, 2021
california
Name
Sylvia L Higgins
Boat
trophy
Hi all , I recently purchased a new Trophy T22 and love the boat except for one thing. the anchor situation is a drag. I would like to install drum anchor winch but the design of the bow makes this a bit tricky . not sure if it's even posable . Any suggestions would be great or if you done this some info on what you did would be even better. Thanks
front 1c.jpg

front 1b.jpg

JPeterson

Mar 16, 2009
Bakersfield, Ca, USA
Name
Jeremy Peterson
Boat
22' Davis Cortez
I’m in the process of doing some glass work to my boat to install a drum windlass. Based on what I can see from the pictures, you’re going to have a rough time due to the layout of the boat. The winch itself needs a backing plate, and you don’t have access to the inside of the cap to install one. It looks like the best you can do is 86 the center now cushion and build a raised bracket to set the winch on. That’ll put the winch about the same height as the bow. It would look kinda hokey though. I’m assuming that’s an anchor locker under the front cushion? Got any pictures of the center area without that cushion on it?

jondavies

Jan 30, 2012
Pasadena
Name
jon
Boat
Sea Ox
It's hard to believe the manufacturer neglected to give you a place to tie off an anchor let alone an anchor roller. I guess they expect most people will drive this boat around the bay and only stop at a dock.

As JP says its going to be tough to install a windlass of any kind without access to the underside of the cap.

With a boat this size you can pull the anchor by hand (maybe 30lbs of ground tackle?) but it would be nice to have a roller to protect the edge of the bow and provide a place to store the anchor. You could cut an access hole in the front section of the hull liner in order to add a backing plate for a roller or windlass but that area looks curved so it will be tough to find a hatch that covers the hole unless you can find one that bends to fit the contour.

It's a shame to have to cut a hole in a new boat and ruin the clean lines too.

Maybe call the manufacturer and see what they recommend?

Dan Salazar

Aug 23, 2014
Costa Mesa
Name
Dan Salazar
Boat
Rum Runner
The boat designers obviously actually never use a boat
I'd put a 8" or10" inspection plate so you could at least cleat off the anchor line
(include backing plate)
Stow anchor and ground tackle in milk carton

dashig

Feb 25, 2021
california
Name
Sylvia L Higgins
Boat
trophy
Thanks for responding , My original thought was to drill mounting holes through the lid of the anchor locker and put a backer board on the back side of the lid and mounting board on the top side to mount the winch to and then glue the lid shut. any more thoughts would be much appreciated.

bow1a.jpg

bow.jpg

bow1.jpg