reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
I've posted this from time to time, but will do it in this forum again.

This mod is for all the 3 drag stack systems.

Buy some ground flat drag discs from Dawn at Smoooth Drag that fit the 200, 300, and 400 series Newells.

Pull the main gear out of you reel, and install either HT100's, or Carbontex drag material.

When you get to the top of the drag stack don't install the top ss drag disc. Instead drop in another carbon fiber drag material. Then drop in the bellville (spring washer) then the drag spacer.

You may, or may not need another thin, or thick P3-18 (slotted washer) on top of the drag spacer.

Install the star, and crank down on it. You should experience a tremendous increase drag pressure.

I've tried this mod in 4 stack reels, but just can't get the same amount of drag.

Any questions please email me at: [email protected]

Jerry

Fish Sniper

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 13, 2012
San Dimas,Ca. USA
Name
Marco Rojas
Boat
PAJARO
I've posted this from time to time, but will do it in this forum again.

This mod is for all the 3 drag stack systems.

Buy some ground flat drag discs from Dawn at Smoooth Drag that fit the 200, 300, and 400 series Newells.

Pull the main gear out of you reel, and install either HT100's, or Carbontex drag material.

When you get to the top of the drag stack don't install the top ss drag disc. Instead drop in another carbon fiber drag material. Then drop in the bellville (spring washer) then the drag spacer.

You may, or may not need another thin, or thick P3-18 (slotted washer) on top of the drag spacer.

Install the star, and crank down on it. You should experience a tremendous increase drag pressure.

I've tried this mod in 4 stack reels, but just can't get the same amount of drag.

Any questions please email me at: [email protected]

Jerry
A little pic will help, I'm interested.
Semper Fi....Marine

noa

Jun 16, 2008
Northern California
Name
Bryan
Boat
Ke Ola Hou
I believe the best way to increase your drag pressure is to add friction surfaces. Here is a 5 stack that will fit in your 200/300/400 series reels. The best drag numbers I got was 24#of drag. My friend got 28#. A 5 stack is also available for 500 series as well. My friend was ablessed to lift a 40# weight with smooth drags.

See posting on AlanTani.com unDer Ultimate Upgrades in the for sale section for additional comments from users.

obed

Apr 22, 2015
Name
Obed
Boat
Tribeca
Do you recommend or how is the s220-5 for surface iron.

I understand you usually want bigger or better max drag for Surface iron to turn heads but. Its The only replacement i found for my g332 is a s220-5

Will that hold up or should i wait for a 332 again.

It will be a surface iron rig strictly so any input would help.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT

Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
instead of the 5 stack, using the penn 500 drag washers on the 3 stack, i just added an extra washer in the center. i also greased the washers with shimano's grease.

only problem i have is i can't back it off all the way. this is on p322 & p332.

works for me.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT