BiggetyBones

MiggetyMac
Jun 10, 2005
So Cal
Name
MiggetyMac
Boat
Broke Again!!
Looking to get a 9’ deckhand rod (cork tape) made for my BV-300. I’ve been searching BD as well as the web on what clamp options are available. The only clamp I’ve seen available is the Tiburon TCU-VAL 300. I haven’t had one in my hands so was hoping to get opinions from those who has seen or used them. From the pictures it looks kind of bulky. I have Tib clamps for my Trinidad’s and they are really low profile and absolutely fit the bill, just not sure if I’m going to like the Tib BV-300 clamp. This is also making me wonder if I should get a reel seat on the rod I’m having built because there are no other clamp options available, but I really really do not want a real seat. Leaning towards no real seat and the Tib clamp but just not sure...

Any insight is much appreciated!

Reactions: abj5150
Upvote 0

BiggetyBones

MiggetyMac
Jun 10, 2005
So Cal
Name
MiggetyMac
Boat
Broke Again!!
Update:
Wanted to share my findings just in case this helps someone else in the future.

Al from Accurate emailed me back letting me know Tiburon actually has an all black clamp for the Valiant 300 listed on their website.

I called Tiburon this morning just to validate whether or not the black clamp listed is for the Accurate Valiant 300 and they confirmed it was. Drove down and picked up this AM.

Tight Lines!

Acc01.jpg
Acc02.jpg

kayakbeast33

Haven't posted enough yet
  • Mar 9, 2012
    buena park CA
    Name
    steven
    Boat
    Almost time
    Update:

Al from Accurate emailed me back letting me know Tiburon actually has an all black clamp for the Valiant 300 listed on their website.

I called Tiburon this morning just to validate whether or not the black clamp listed is for the Accurate Valiant 300 and they confirmed it was. Drove down and picked up this AM.

Tight Lines!

View attachment 1271377View attachment 1271380
    Please post a review once you get it on the rod. I would like to know your thoughts on it.

What 9' rod are you getting?

BiggetyBones

MiggetyMac
    Jun 10, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    MiggetyMac
    Boat
    Broke Again!!
    Please post a review once you get it on the rod. I would like to know your thoughts on it.

What 9' rod are you getting?
    Will do but sounds like I won’t be getting it for awhile as the wrapper is pretty backed up. Since the Valiant 300 is tiny, I wanted to match it with a thin diameter blank and have it wrapped deckhand style with cork tape / daisy butt. After much thought I decided on a Phenix Black Diamond Inshore 907ML. I have the factory wrapped 907ML and thought it would be perfect for what I’m looking for. Plan on using this setup for live bait. I already assume the reel seat is going to be bulky, but I really didn’t want a reel seat so I gotta deal with it. I’ll post up pics once I get the rod.

Upvote 0

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
    Advertiser
  • Sep 18, 2012
    USA
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    Whatever I can get on
    Update:

Tight Lines!

View attachment 1271377View attachment 1271380
    I'm so glad that you were able to get that clamp you wanted.

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

• Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    Does Tiburon manufacturing have walk in service available? I want to get a couple of clamps for my smaller Dauntless reels.